Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by robroy, Jul 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This bad boy overstepped the mark he chewed a hole in my woolly hat and worst of all nibbled on of my pasties.
    Tracked him down in the workshop, set up an O.P., waited approx ten minutes then wacked him from 15 feet.
  2. You need to sort the rust out on your sight mounts.
  3. You need a scope for 15 feet?
  4. I hope you know that buying gerbils and then letting them loose on your property so you may hunt them for sport is classed as animal cruelty.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. you were able to shoot a mouse!good for you,
    **** I bet the taliban are shitting themselves?
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I'd be more worried about whatever the **** he has clipped his eBay sight mount onto. Rust pits on the outside of a gun seldom work out in my experience.
  7. Truly you are the reincarnation of Tom Berenger in Sniper

(remember Tom, not to adust for windage using the elevation knob!)
  8. Be fair. It's a tough looking bastard.
  9. Aww lads c'mon give me some credit here, he was well hard and had the balls to come into the tea room, I shit you not tracking him around a 100 square feet of workshop was not easy.
    The rifle is an old Webley .22 which I inherited from a previous employee and yes is in shit state, it doesn't have a foresight hence the scope.
    If I convert the 15feet to millimetres does it make it look a better shot.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Frederick Courtney Selous has got nothing on you mate.......

I have a pal with a rabbit problem if you fancy moving up to big game hunting?
  11. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Interesting that you haven't mentioned how many rounds you expended before a) you hit him, b) he went down.

12. You done well, a kill is a kill in my book.

You should get it's head mounted on a wooden shield now and get it up on the tea room wall as a warning to others.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

no something that size deserves to be a fireside rug he can seduce young ladies on.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. That's not even a Rat it's a mouse.

You know when you have rats as they tend not to live on the ground, they love steel framed sheds and warehouses, if they get poisoned they dont die striaght away they just wander off back up into the roof space.

Then in the morning you come in and find a foot long dead rat on your desk or workbench, flat on one side from the fall and blood spewing from both ends thanks to the warfarin poisoning. It's the acusing look of agony on it's little face that gets to you the most.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Interesting idea, a bit like put and take fishing?