Troops warned not to attend Alexander Blackman rally

I see a distinction between the enactment of laws (unquestionably political) and the application of laws (which ought to be apolitical). To me, a protest about a law is political, but a protest about the application of a law is not, even though the protest is likely to be aimed at Parliament.
I see that point. Thing is, politicians are expected to respond to activism but judges don't, or are not supposed to (albeit criticism of judgements is fine - "justice is not a cloistered virtue").

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I see that point. Thing is, politicians are expected to respond to activism but judges don't, or are not supposed to (albeit criticism of judgements is fine - "justice is not a cloistered virtue").
And watching the documentary, "Judge John Deed" will prove this point.

Once again you're assuming.
Please try not be so chippy, you're giving other Crabs a bad rep.
Chippy? Not been awarded that approbation before :) Thanks mate!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And he can recite Shakespear.....which is nice.
In his heart he quoted in the spirit of the Parrot Sketch.
(No, not Shakespeare's Parrot Sketch.)

we're always getting told that the RM attract a more mature and better educated type of recruit.
I have been thinking back and I can't remember if the lesson on "Witty Quips to Utter Whilst Dispatching a Baddy" was week 14 or week 22 just after the Live firing weeks. Our instructors were Mr S Connery, Mr B Willis and Mr A Swarzeneggar.

I have been thinking back and I can't remember if the lesson on "Witty Quips to Utter Whilst Dispatching a Baddy" was week 14 or week 22 just after the Live firing weeks. Our instructors were Mr S Connery, Mr B Willis and Mr A Swarzeneggar.
i was a STAB so that lesson was compressed into a 15 minute concurrent activity that ran between scoff and a voluntary weight watchers meeting. All we had to do was arrange cut out templates of the words I. Murder. You. Now. on a magnetic whiteboard and remember not to film any of it.

it seems to have been more effective than the regular course.

remember not to film any of it.

it seems to have been more effective than the regular course.
It does surprise me that in the past when I (as a scummy IT contractor at a secure location) got told to put my phone or any 'recording device' in a secure locker and leave it there for the working day, I and my colleagues didn't whinge or moan and just did it.

But they don't seem to be able to implement this idea in an environment that is based on discipline and following orders.
(I am referring to the Para case and not Blackmans as I think he was wearing issued body cams at that time....great idea boss).

I maintain that morality is an individual's sense of right and wrong and does not necessarily accord with legal and illegal.

While Mr Blackman's actions were definitely illegal, they were not necessarily immoral. It depends on your point of view, given the context. Morality can vary according to circumstance. EG. I consider torture to be immoral and am against it in all cases and yet I can conceive of circumstances where I might carry it out myself. Theoretically.

I think in Stacker's example, I'd find the killing of the innocent civilians immoral. Not so with Mr Blackman's actions. I can envisage other killing of prisoners being immoral, again dependent upon context..

It does surprise me that in the past when I (as a scummy IT contractor at a secure location) got told to put my phone or any 'recording device' in a secure locker and leave it there for the working day, I and my colleagues didn't whinge or moan and just did it.

But they don't seem to be able to implement this idea in an environment that is based on discipline and following orders.
(I am referring to the Para case and not Blackmans as I think he was wearing issued body cams at that time....great idea boss).
The because it was just for the working day it six months solid.
There are a couple of threads about mobile phones in the theatre with people coming up with all sorts of army legends about why we can't have them.

So it’s relevance to a U.K. Marine’s behaviour is....?
What are you on about. I said I find the forcing of prisoners in captivity to suck each other off more disturbing than shooting a mortally wounded enemy on the battlefield. Which Nationality did what is irrelevant to my reaction to, or feelings about, it all. Maybe I should have mentioned Basra just to keep it British.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What are you on about. I said I find the forcing of prisoners in captivity to suck each other off more disturbing than shooting a mortally wounded enemy on the battlefield. Which Nationality did what is irrelevant to my reaction to, or feelings about, it all. Maybe I should have mentioned Basra just to keep it British.
Maybe dicks have their own national flavour ?
There's a few here that would be able to tell us.

its like strava. if its not stava'd up on Facebook did you even go for a run? if you've not got a recording being on tour were you even there.

The because it was just for the working day it six months solid.
There are a couple of threads about mobile phones in the theatre with people coming up with all sorts of army legends about why we can't have them.
i was about to agree with you but following my mention of strava above i'm not so sure

Apparently 15000 bikers will be "closing London down" tomorrow in support of Prisoner Blackman.

My suspicion is that the decimal point may move a little on that prediction....
I think that may be wrong, it should probably read:

"20-30 British Legion Back Patch Riders have not been to a veterans funeral in ages so they can wear sunglasses and look cool whilst looking 'well 'ard. They have spent ages polishing their crappy 2 wheeled tractors and want to show everyone how awesome they are and not gay at all. So they are popping up to London to prance around in front of the cameras for a bit before going to a pub for a cuddle"

Latest Threads