Troops training Flawed

Quote BBC - "For instance, a training video has been produced by the Army to display some of the lessons learned.

It tells soldiers only to use plastic cuffs on unco-operative prisoners and never to take photos of prisoners."

But its ok for our rozzers to handcuff you, take your prints & photo .... sorry what do they want here - soldiers or a bunch of effing ken dodds poncing about the place - fecking civ div

Fanbasher said:
Quote BBC - "For instance, a training video has been produced by the Army to display some of the lessons learned.

It tells soldiers only to use plastic cuffs on unco-operative prisoners and never to take photos of prisoners."

But its ok for our rozzers to handcuff you, take your prints & photo .... sorry what do they want here - soldiers or a bunch of effing ken dodds poncing about the place - fecking civ div
The constant self flagellation by the luvvies is great isn't it, they're so far removed from reality it's, well, unreal. We are NOT the bad guys.

You forgot the take your DNA and hold you without charge for 28 days - or is it 42 day...........

From the Written Ministerial Statement from Defence Secretary Des Browne:

• The Army needs to find better ways to inculcate its core values of selfless commitment, courage, discipline, loyalty, integrity, and respect for others and its standards of behaviour and discipline, into the everyday lives of its personnel.

Thoughts?

AlMiles said:

• The Army needs to find better ways to inculcate its core values of selfless commitment, courage, discipline, loyalty, integrity, and respect for others and its standards of behaviour and discipline, into the everyday lives of its personnel.

Thoughts?
MATT 6 :?

AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
How the hell would he even know what those words meant let alone know how to live by them, condescending tosser.

Ord_Sgt said:
AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
How the hell would he even know what those words meant let alone know how to live by them, condescending tosser.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Ord_Sgt said:
AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
Well I dont understand what "inculcate" means anyway......

All_I_Want said:
Ord_Sgt said:
AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
So he obviously reckons we're a bunch of Chavs then. Thanks Des for your continued support we know we can rely on you!

Jockster

All_I_Want said:
Ord_Sgt said:
AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
You must be RLC then :D

All_I_Want said:
Ord_Sgt said:
AlMiles said:

Thoughts?
To instil by insistent repetition - apparently.

Jockster

Jockster915 said:
So he obviously reckons we're a bunch of Chavs then. Thanks Des for your continued support we know we can rely on you!

Jockster
To be fair, CGS wrote the same thing in his foreword to the report.

tearsbeforebedtime said:
And at the bottom there is this little gem.

"Are you in the armed forces? What are your views on this story? Send us your comments using the form below :"

Pricks.
Ahh the good old BBC, trying to entice Servicemen to break the law. I remember complaining about an article, last year I think asking for information on troop movements in Iraq. Mindless baffoons

From the forward:

"But I take no pride in the conduct of those of our people – however few – who took it upon themselves to deliberately abuse Iraqi civilians during 2003 and the early part of 2004. This report is rightly critical of our performance in a number of areas, and accurately reflects the sense of professional humility that I know we all feel at those failings; but it also catalogues the significant number of steps we have taken towards ensuring that such behaviour is not repeated. That is an essential part of our continuous professional development: we must constantly learn from our experience"

So that's the entire CoC from Cpl upward completly exonerated then? No one in the unit's supervising ranks or above uncouraged or created the circumstances in which this was allowed to fester.

Thank goodness for spin and the blameless society first the Met and now the Army. If there is any lesson to be learned it is you are on your own now.

Fanbasher said:

In Iraq, we always plasticuffed our prisoners and the vast majority of them understood and were fine with it. Applied correctly, they're not painful, and it removes the possibility of suspects being able to escape or hinder operations which will be ongoing when they're captured.

western said:
From the forward:

"But I take no pride in the conduct of those of our people – however few – who took it upon themselves to deliberately abuse Iraqi civilians during 2003 and the early part of 2004. This report is rightly critical of our performance in a number of areas, and accurately reflects the sense of professional humility that I know we all feel at those failings; but it also catalogues the significant number of steps we have taken towards ensuring that such behaviour is not repeated. That is an essential part of our continuous professional development: we must constantly learn from our experience"

So that's the entire CoC from Cpl upward completly exonerated then? No one in the unit's supervising ranks or above uncouraged or created the circumstances in which this was allowed to fester.

Thank goodness for spin and the blameless society first the Met and now the Army. If there is any lesson to be learned it is you are on your own now.
Agreed. It seems to me that the vast majority of "abuse" was mild in nature, given the extreme circumstances. The way people go on, you'd think civilians were being raped and murdered on a regular basis.

Funny how Tiscali reports it as:

Army cleared of 'endemic' abuse (Tiscali source)

and the BBC report:

'Changes needed' to Army training (BBC source)

Same story, two different initial impressions from the headlines alone.

Dear Minister "Des",

I read with interest your newest directive to the troops, quite an expose on the methods you require them to use on arrested terrorists and captured civilians in arms. I cannot help but think that that your "advisors" at you Ministry have taken leave of their senses, or perhaps their view of our Armed Forces across the globe is taken from somewhere beyond the Van Allen Belt. Really old Chap you mustn,t put these pronouncements out into the press and British Broadcorping Castration without first checking that our Chaps and Chapesses do in fact have the very best means of "restraints" to hand and that they are able to use them quickly and effectively; have you tried using police handcuffs old boy, let alone search for the tiny key amongst al the kit the troops carry.

Sorry to slobber on so much Des but you really must apply nasal area to the proverbial grindstone, grasp the nettle and all that sort of stuff, AND GET FCKUCKIN REAL, YOU DOZY, INCOMPETANT, SHIT FOR BRAINS, WASTE OF RATIONS.

See you at Whites later old chap,

Yours Aye

Raggedy

Thompson............Guinness and Drambuie shandy please.....thank you.

Its sounds simple enough to me whats actually going to happen

Policy and rules will make taking PW's harder and more dangerous. So the lads will just shoot them whilst they're still in possession of a fire arm/Chair leg/Shoe box with clock attatched!

Latest Threads