TROOPS STUDIED FOR EFFECTS OF WAR

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by yannie, Jun 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/en...597729.stm

Troops studied for effects of war

The 16 Air Assault Brigade includes three battalions of paratroopers
    Going to war is not necessarily bad for a soldier's psychological health, new research suggests.
    In a study hundreds of soldiers from Colchester, Essex, were questioned after months of deployment in Iraq.

Researchers found no deterioration in their mental health and actually saw a significant relative improvement in their psychological well-being.

The study by a team from King's College London is published in the British Journal of Psychiatry.

The researchers analysed questionnaires from 421 members of the Colchester-based 16 Air Assault Brigade.

'High morale'

The servicemen and women were questioned before and after taking part in operations in Iraq for around four months.

The researchers, led by Dr Jamie Hacker Hughes, analysed the psychological scores of the soldiers and concluded that they revealed "a highly significant relative improvement in mental health".

"These findings raise the question of whether military deployment is necessarily bad for psychological health," found the report.

The researchers said it was premature to conclude that the Iraq war had already had a serious adverse effect on the mental health of the armed forces.

"This study also reminds us that where there are highly selected forces with high morale...participation in war fighting may sometimes not necessarily be as deleterious to psychological well-being as has previously been thought," they concluded.

Another study published in the same journal found that adjustment difficulties, rather than combat stress, appeared to be the main causes of psychiatric illness in troops.

THEY SHOULD STUDY THE TROOPS FAMILY , IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IT CAUSES LOADS OF STRESS BEING A SQUADDIES GIRL FRIEND

2. Only stresses your puckered starfish when it gets poked by your ex boyfriend and his pals.

Did he bin you?

Did he discovered your fetish for men in urns?

3. BEHAVE ITS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING

4. Perhaps not as much stress as being your boyfriend Yannie, I imagine all that time wasted taking out restraining orders, checking under the bed in case you are there with a kitchen knife takes its toll. :roll:

5. Strech your big baggy snatch lips over a lightbulb you gopping heffer.

Its not first thing in the morning some of have been up since the sparrows were fondling thier morning glories.

Can I probe your date with my withered stump?

6. i only just woke up ,i am still in bed

dont forget i am single , so while my guy away i can have a lie in

love
    YANNIE

7. Why the feck have you posted this thread 3 times, Yannie, you fecking Fatherless moron :evil:

8. i have only just woken up , and i have a new computer which i dont know how to work properly

9. All computers work in a similar fashion Yannie.

1. Put in plug and ensure the electricity is on.
    2. Press On/ Off button until the little computery thing makes lights and sound.
    3. Climb into the bath, ensuring cumputer is completely submerged.
    4. Enjoy your new computer experience.

10. I hope someone torches your bedding whith you wrapped in it.

Lets hope the arsonist gang fcuks you with a garden raike first

11. Think you fucked up there yannie you troll.