Troops made rescue bid for marine

Sapper leads the way
According to sky news A sapper was amongst the 4 man rescue team for a Marine l/cpl who sadly was killed in action. Strapping themselves to the stub wings of an apache helicopter to be flown in.
RIP Commando brother
Ubique

RIP Royal, You may stand down for a wet.

A question or two.

1. Did the lads volunteer? (I expect that they did.)

2. How many volunteered when it was put forward? (The whole lot I expect)

3. Did the Spr have his Gerber strapped to his wrist so that if it slipped out of his hand, whilst scratching UBIQUE onto the stub wing of a multi million £ aircraft, he wouldn't lose it? (Again I expect so)

4. Would you have volunteered? I'll put my hand up and say yes. (At least I hope I would've)

Holdfast said:
RIP Royal, You may stand down for a wet.

A question or two.

1. Did the lads volunteer? (I expect that they did.)

2. How many volunteered when it was put forward? (The whole lot I expect)

3. Did the Spr have his Gerber strapped to his wrist so that if it slipped out of his hand, whilst scratching UBIQUE onto the stub wing of a multi million £ aircraft, he wouldn't lose it? (Again I expect so)

4. Would you have volunteered? I'll put my hand up and say yes. (At least I hope I would've)
1. it was an RE Captain, a RM RSM and 2 signallers from the RM that carried out the rescue, quite a combination!

2. Who wouldn't volunteer...'jack' wouldn't quite cover it :threaten:

3. when did gerbers come in? i've still got a jack knife around somewhere attached to a green lanyard :thumright:

4. YES! the thought of it being me out there would force me to.

Proud to be british, an ex-squaddie and an ex-sapper :numberone:

[quote="whit_RE]
3. when did gerbers come in? i've still got a jack knife around somewhere attached to a green lanyard :thumright:
[/quote]

Only using analogy from earlier remark

My jack knife is in my toolbag as it comes in so useful. :thumright:

Holdfast said:
[quote="whit_RE]

My jack knife is in my toolbag as it comes in so useful. :thumright:[/quote]

Thank fcuk for that...I was worried for a minute that either:

gerbers had replaced jack knifes, no doubt at greater expense

or

jack knives were no longer issued and toffee's had to buy their own knifes...

:meditate:

More to the point....to stop it entering the intake of one of the turbines-can you imagine the enquiry into a down aircraft/failed mission when the investigation teams pull a gerber out the middle of an engine and a half scribed message on a rocket pod :confused: :wtf: :lol:

Boanegres said:
More to the point....to stop it entering the intake of one of the turbines-can you imagine the enquiry into a down aircraft/failed mission when the investigation teams pull a gerber out the middle of an engine and a half scribed message on a rocket pod :confused: :wtf: :lol:
Nice one. PMSL :D

whit_RE said:
Holdfast said:
[quote="whit_RE]

My jack knife is in my toolbag as it comes in so useful. :thumright:
Thank fcuk for that...I was worried for a minute that either:

gerbers had replaced jack knifes, no doubt at greater expense

or

jack knives were no longer issued and toffee's had to buy their own knifes...

:meditate:[/quote]

jack-knifes have long since bit the dust as an issued item my friends.

could you tell the engr because he had 14 gauge, mine tape, plastic bags & dems cord hanging off of him left right & centre. :numberone: :numberone:

brave men :highfive: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

tripod said:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1995347,00.html
What no mention of Gerber\jack knife :pissedoff:

Typical Guardian reporting :pissedoff:

Luckily it wasn't an Armd Spr or the Apache wouldn't have got off the ground. :highfive: :highfive:

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
No they havent mate try 5110-99-301-0301
knife pocket c class so get through the expense :thumleft:

HEART_STOPPER said:
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
No they havent mate try 5110-99-301-0301
knife pocket c class so get through the expense :thumleft:
is that the stupid little thing without the spike on it ????

that is not a real kack-knife.