Troops free parcel scheme extended

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by hackle, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. apologies if already covered

LINK - Tiscali News

2. This should have been sorted out before. Instead they waited until the build up to Christmas to offer free parcels.

Having spent the best part of the last couple of weeks helping BFPO to dispatch massive backlogs of mail, I can confirm that this plan has backfired spectacularly. Thanks to this new service, a surge of mail has brought the new 'All Singing All Dancing BFPO Northolt ©' to it's (vastly undermanned) knees. Also, because of the backlog, thousands of paid-for items will now miss the Christmas deadline as well. Happy holidays :x

3. Free parcels outstanding, was annoyed when Bar stewards removed it now it is back to stay hopefully.

4. My point being that if they left the system in place the first time round, people would be getting mail on time this Christmas, paid for or not.

5. It's all a bit hit and miss, I sent two items on 30th Nov, one arrived a week later, the other still hasn't shown up. An item sent on the 29th arrived yesterday...madness I tell thee!

6. Chr1st. Really sorry to hear that. I've been the grateful recipient of Christmas BFPO mail in similar circumstances and it worked amazingly well (then).

7. I can confirm that BFPO to Pristina is knackered - some parcels have turned up after 4 weeks, but some are still missing after 8 weeks. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to it.

@skintboymike - I'd heard out here that Northolt was having serious issues - is it looking like the backlog really won't be cleared till the New Year? Bit of a pain - kind of defeats the purpose...

Thanks

TF.

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

In NI, it's situation normal - first class letters taking 7-10 days to arrive via BFPO; longer if going via Royal Mail phantom addresses.

I have complained; BFPO Customer Services' reply reached me in an earth-shattering 14 days...

9. I went upstairs to the MT offices today, and was surprised to see a room with 'Gymnasium' written on it. As I was told that we wouldn't be getting a gym, I decided to have a peek inside. Lo and behold, the room was full of trolleys which were full of Christmas parcels.

Merry Christmas, one and all. :x