Troops find hostage 'slaughterhouses' in Falluja

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Greg S, Nov 11, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FALLUJA, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi troops retaking the city of Falluja have found hostage "slaughterhouses" where people were held captive and beheaded, an Iraqi military official said Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/10/iraq.main/index.html

!!! :x

Glad to see the USMC are attacking terrorists even if they are in mosques, the sucm.

2. I never thought I’d say this,
    But they should raise the city to the ground until every last terrorist is caught and executed.

There is no justice for those who either carried out these murders nor for those who harbour them.

I’m calling for a jihad on terrorism, am I wrong?

Beebs

3. BBC you are correct. Falluja has been the terrorist capitol where anything goes. I hope that they dont want to surrender and decide to fight it out. Our forces are pushing them into the southern part of the city where their movements are easily seen. Several bomb making factories were uncovered along with cell phones used to initiate the IED. By wrapping up Falluja I hope it reduces the number of IED's in the region. I think 70% of our casualties have been due to IED's.

4. Was watching the BBC news last night, and the bar stewards were firing out of the mosques, knowing that the coalition don't really want to touch them. So the USMC call up a tank, & take out the minarets. The BBC commentator says "These are images which will cause outcry across the Muslim world", thereby provoking said outcry... But, where's the outcry from the muslim world that the insurgents are desecrating the mosques by using them to store wpns & shoot out of?

The silence is deafening :x

5. stoatman,

Exactly! saw that as well last night, unfortunately was in the gym at the time and when Jon Snow said that bit about "cause outrage in the Arab world" i think i probably yelled "F&ck'em!" a tad too loud. :oops:

6. Credit where it's due. The Yanks seem to be doing an excellent job there. As for the 'outcry' regarding firing on mosques, exactly what goodwill from the Arab world is this going to lose for the Americans or us? To quote Churchill (who always seemed to have a phrase to suit any occasion):

"We will mete out to them the measure, and more than the measure, that they have meted out to us,"

7. Good comment stoaty. I remember wpns finds in RC churches over in NI. Massive outcry about the fact we were searching churches. No comment on the fact they were using consecrated ground to hide arms and ammunition!

8. 307

307 War Hero

In this case, the Yanks have the right idea, the second they fire out of Mosques, use them to make IEDs in, or as safe heavens, that mosque becomes nothing more than a terrorist base I'm afraid. Those minarets as well, probaably some of the tallest palces iN Falluja, snipers paradise ey? I don't like that in news reporting, why did they have to say it will cause outrage, is that news...no! Let people make their own minds up, just say US tank destroyed minarets, if it causes outrage it does, but to echo what's been said fook em, if it saves troops lives, then where's an F-16 when you need one? Raising it to the ground? I'm sure a few B-52s could take care of that, bit of napalm maybe, just for good measure!?

9. Now that would be a little over the top 307. A measured response to the situation on the ground is acceptable. Carpet bombing and napalm is one quick method to really alienate yourselves from the rest of the world. As much as I dislike their lack of professionalism, the Yanks are actually doing a good job in this case and I for one am quite impressed with the way the operation is being conducted.

10. 307

307 War Hero

Don't take it as a serious suggestion fella. Would be nice if we could just get all the terrorists together with no civvis and just bomb the cack out of them with nasty stuff like napalm. I admit, they yanks are doing well, their casualties are very low.

11. I think that we should take extraordinary steps to respect and protect their Mosques. But when it starts shooting at us, it is no longer a Mosque. It is magically transformed into a target. That should be a stated policy and we should abide by it.

12. Many killed in Baghdad car bomb blast

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9149036A-1F32-44E6-A969-47C64FA901B2.htm

13. Al Jazeera is hardly a credible source of information. They are after all cheer leaders for arab terrorism.