Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Troops deployed on Britain's streets.

uncle_vanya said:
This will be like the Firemen's strike of the 1990s when the Army and Armed Forces were driving Green Goddess Fire Engines and some more modern ones back in the day. All exciting.
and 1977 I was driving GGs with the RCT

I think that would be pretty cool to be cutting around in one of these jobs. I'd be up for it. :-D (Not a proper Green Goddess you say? Well, close enough surely? :? )

Water Cannon Truck.jpg

One is the highest level of assistance, the other the lowest and there's one in the middle. Or there was, probably will have changed since I was involved in that sort of thing - t'was quite a while ago.

MACP, MACA and MACC.

Each comes with different powers and different ability to send in invoices for the costs. In my day anyway.

One hopes if they’re doing petrol stations they’re going to put the proper fuel in the underground tanks this time. Save the Mod a few bob in claims

Snort. Let's. Against the wall you!

This popped into my head, courtesy Roger Waters.:

Einz, zwei, drei, alle!
So ya thought ya
Might like to go to the show
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow
I got some bad news for you, Sunshine
Pink isn't well
He stayed back at the hotel
And they've sent us along as a surrogate band
We're gonna find out where you fans really stand
Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?
Get 'em up against the wall
There's one in the spotlight
Now he don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall
And that one looks Jewish
And that one's a coon
Who let all this riffraff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint
And that one's got spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of ya shot

Iirc, troops were deployed to protect the transport system in 1926? Much more recently than 1819.
I don't think anyone is proposing bayonet - charging Remainers...

For those charged with making such judgements, I would like to point out that, like any reasonable person, I'm more than happy to stand on an over-crowded platform for several hours in the futile hope of a train if the quid pro quo is cold steel for Tony Blair.