Trooping the Colour

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Jun 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good luck and best wishes to 1st Bn Coldstream Guards and all on parade today. Hope it stays dry......

God Save The Queen!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hope it goes well, I won't watch it or if I do it will be with the volume turned down and some appropriate music on. BBC commentators are so bloody annoying these days.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ditto,

4. Hopefully my virgin box should be recording it. I might attempt to get tickets next year.
  5. Good luck to the sheepies and all who are on parade today
  6. Are the two brand new Field Marshals likely to be there?

Lord Guthrie and Prince Charles were both made up today (separately from Birthday Honours)
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

How do you apply for tickets?

Best wishes to all involved.
  8. No idea, I think you apply through a website then random people are chosen. Either for the actual trooping or the review.
  9. Some Regimental Associations get an allocation I believe so may be worth checking.
  10. Apply via London District, writting to them in January of the year of The Troop, it's on the webpage i will post link later. Or get someone who is in the Association of one of the Regiments (like me) and pay the going rate for them.
  11. HRH Duke of Edinburgh will be there. Excellent.
  12. Am I a saddo? As soon as No.1 Guard stepped off to go get the colour, I had this strong urge and felt I wanted to be marching in the guard on parade with them and even though I was'nt even in the Houshold Div? Is this a natual phenomonon for ex-squaddies or is it just me?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Just you, unless of course they step off at 140+ to the minute. The British Grenadiers always seems to have a 'Britishness' about it.
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Nope I'm riding round the office on a wheelie chair pretending to be the HCR
    I shall fall off in 5 minutes and claim the crowd spooked the chair.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Tickets for seated stands around Horse Guards Parade are allocated by ballot in March. Applications should be made in January or February only to:
    Brigade Major
    HQ Household Division
    Horse Guards
    SW1A 2AX
    A rehearsal (known as The Colonel's Review) usually takes place a week before the actual Birthday Parade.
    Members of the public wishing to watch are advised to stand on The Mall or on the edge of St James's Park overlooking Horse Guards (their view may be somewhat obscured by troops in this position) from 9.00am.