Trooping the Colour tickets

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fairy_nuff, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening All

Thought I would put this here for intelligent replies, hopefully.

I have written to HQ London District for tickets for this year's Trooping the Colour (HMQueen's Birthday Parade) as I have done for the past 3 years. This year I have received a letter from HQLD, does this mean I have been put into the ballott for tickets? If so, am I likely to get tickets?

Went to Colonel's Review last year and tickets from the Model Shop for that but would really love tickets for the "Real" thing, same seats would be fantastic.

2. Have you tried the Micks RHQ?
    From your posts I assume you have some sort of affiliation.

3. I went years ago twice, have to say that now that HM Queenie is in a carriage it's lost a bit IMO.

4. A good start is to join one of the Household Division Regimental Associations. You pay your subs, their charities benefit, you get a better chance of getting tickets.

Each Branch is able to request tickets, many are returned and get circulated via the Branch network.

5. cheers for reminding me i've just applied

6. nah I'm a gurl just think Micks are the best

7. you can get tickets through the National Army Museum if you join the "friends of............" I think - though that might be the Colonel's review

8. Evidently a discerning gurl with a penchant for shaggy dogs.
    Good luck with the tickets.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Imperial War Museums Friends has a similar scheme and that is for the Colonel's review

10. Ceremonial Events Calendar. The Queen's Birthday Parade will be held on Saturday 15th June 2013 on Horse Guards Parade.The Colour will be trooped by 1st. Battalion Welsh Guards.The postal ballot for tickets to attend The Queen's Birthday Parade opens in January 2013 and closes at the end of February.Applications to attend the Parade in the seated stands should be sent in January and February 2013 only to:The Brigade MajorHeadquarters Household DivisionHorse GuardsWhitehallLondon SW1A 2AX. Applications should state how many tickets are required (maximum 3 per application) and include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for acknowledgement. (Overseas applicants should provide an International Reply Coupon). Do not send payment at this stage. Applications are entered into a ballot to be drawn in early March 2013. Successful applicants will be notified and payment will then be requested. The 2013 ticket prices will be published here once finalised. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are also two reviews prior to the Queen's Birthday Parade:Major General George Norton CBE, Major General Commanding the Household Division and General Officer Commanding London District, will take the salute at The Major General's Review on Saturday 1st. June 2013. and The Colonel’s Review on Saturday 8th June 2013.The application process for the Reviews is the same as above stating how many tickets are required (there is no maximum restriction within reason). Applicants will be notified and any payment will then be requested.Children must be in possession of a ticket. There are limited wheelchair spaces for all the parades. Separate applications are required for this facility.No refund can be given if the events are cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the organiser.The processions can also be seen from from the Mall. Events begin at approximately 10am. The Queen's Birthday Parade is also broadcast live on BBC television in the UK with the fly-past at 1pm. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.trooping-the-colour.co.uk/----------------- Edited: for some reason all my post seem to join together and I can't seperate them

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

Me an the fusilier were hoping to go this year . I will have my best frock dry cleaned specially .