Trooping the Colour Rehearsal this Saturday

Quick Question... Can't get a straight answer from the tourist websites,

Does the Major Generals Review this Saturday include the full parade down the Mall before and after the Troop?

I'm taking Daughter No1 (6 yrs) to London this weekend for the first time and was thinking of taking her to see Buck House and the Parade as well as the usual touristy stuff. (Her Great Uncle was 1st and 3rd Bn's IG from 1939-47 and shes just starting to take an interest in such stuff- I know 1WG are Trooping this year but does anyone know if the Micks are taking part?).

Many thanks

Regards...PD

Can't help with who is taking part in the Queen's Birthday Parade this year, but my recollection is that the Maj Gen's review/rehearsal thing does indeed include the march past Buck House from Welly Bks.

I am pretty sure it is the Grens Trooping the Colour.

Yes, I know: should pay more attention in class etc etc. And this is one of my more alert days.

Thanks for the info, gents.

Daughter had a great time, wants to be a. a musician in the band, b. Kings Troop, c. a Yeoman Warder.

What have I started?

Z

Zarathustra

Thanks for the info, gents.

Daughter had a great time, wants to be a. a musician in the band, b. Kings Troop, c. a Yeoman Warder.

What have I started?
Don't let her do a job that is almost entirely ceremonial, unless she really really really loves music.

Anyone know why (for the first time ever, I believe), HM used a closed carriage today, instead of the usual open landau ??

With the “march of time” (and, advancing years), I would certainly not begrudge such considerations - although I am pretty sure, that as recently as even last year HM has been exposed to the elements in the open landau.

I did note that today, that someone’s polythene B-B-Q canopy was draped above the dais :neutral:

She was running a bit late and hadn't finished her morning egg banjo.
You might be right! Duke of Kent was very fidgety - particularly whilst sat on the dais with HM, and I noticed She was giving him a right bollocking on the way back for “G+T” :)

+ + + + + + + +

I was concerned that it might have been for security reasons; although I do not think today’s coach has any particular (additional) “protection”. I believe it is the coach presented to HM by Australia (?) that is armoured/bullet proof.

Also today, there were only the two footmen riding on the back - who both seemed to know what they were doing. It would have reduced by 50% the opportunity to practise our French language the “One of my footmen has been hit by lightening”.

In some years there have been four blokes squeezed on the back - the two additional “big blokes” looking somewhat conspicuously uncomfortable in ill-fitting state uniforms !

+ + + + + + + +

Edited to add: Ah! I seem to recall last year, the ubiquitous dulcet tones of the Welsh newsreader, telling us that (last year) was the last appearance of the postillion riding/driving the pair of greys pulling the landau! I then thought no more about it, imagining that for a replacement, any of the riders from the King’s Troop RHA gun carriage teams would have the required technical skills. Obviously, some re-training would be required - so that they progressed at a more sedate paced than is usual for the King’s Troop during the Musical Drive !!
The Musical Drive of The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery - Windsor Royal Tatoo, 12.05.2011 - YouTube

I still cannot imagine however, that this would be the reason yesterday, to leave the traditional landau parked in the Royal Mews.