Trooping the Colour etc (what happens if you need a wazz?!)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dazmart, Jun 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watched another brilliant Trooping the Colour display - it gets better as each year passes. The commentator said that some of the troops would have been out there for almost four hours before it finishes.

What happens if you at a formal event like that and need a wazz (or worse!!)

I don't think I'd last out that long sometimes!! 8O
  2. Personal discipline? Having the common sense to go for a P.S.W before hand?
  3. lol..I was being serious with the question - what about at something as formal as the trooping of the colour? 8O
  4. Well, way back in 1981 when a certain young lady named Diana got hitched to some bloke called Charles, I was then in the Met Police. I was on duty that day, in the Mall. I booked on duty at 2am, and went off duty at 7pm. In that time managed to get fed once, and managed a pee once as well. Not at the same time. You grit your teeth and get on with it. Not a problem if you start out on empty!
  5. I read that at first as 2pm until 7pm which sounded bad enough - but ... 2am? 8O 8O !!!

I worked for the Met for a while too but a lot later than that. I can tell you that you would be astounded at an incident that happened relating to something like that at another similar event!! :oops: :oops:
  6. People regularly piss themselves whilst doing the troop.

This isn't a joke i'm being serious people really do slam themselves on horse guards
  7. All the guards listen to their mums and go before they leave the house.

Its not a problem though, modern Gaurdsmen are fitted with a catheter and the bag is concealed under the tunic.

Obviously they are bulled up and fitted with a return valve as ordering arms after the present could lead to a blow back

8. Ordering arms?
  9. I obviously wouldn't dream of questionning what you say but I am genuinely astonished to hear you say that? Surely if such a thing ever happened, it would be - er...noticeable? :oops:
  10. Nah, tweeds are dark so no dark patch and all you'd need to do was get them dry cleaned. I don't think its a common practise but i know several guys who will slam themselves if they need to and hasve done on the troop.
  11. to be honest, I was thinking more about it showing up on the ground!!

cheers for the explanation, though!
  12. Have you ever heard why the British Army adopted red tunics? So that the blood stains wouldn't show?

Well, same principle with the dark trousers.
  13. The horses piss and shit everywhere. no one would notice.
  14. Not true, blood stain shows up as nearly black on a red tunic.
    I always thought it was because at a distance, red makes it hard to identify the number of troops.