Trooping the Colour 2021

Good luck and have a great day to F Company (2SG) and the other troops taking part in the mini Troop at Windsor Castle this morning in front of HMQ. The RSM of SG's final parade before taking up his appointment as AcSM next month.

I reckon, on the basis of that excellent performance, all future Trooping the Colour should be held at Windsor Castle rather than Horse Guards. Much more atmospheric.

Hats off, too, to HM, who hosted a dinner in Cornwall last night for the G7 mob and will be on parade for the Troop in Windsor this morning - at 95.
That’s proper Service that is! Are you watching California?

Excellent mornings viewing well done to all involved and HM looked as if she thoroughly enjoyed herself after a terrible time for her.
Out and about at the moment - are the highlights on later, in the usual manner?

Hats off, too, to HM, who hosted a dinner in Cornwall last night for the G7 mob and will be on parade for the Troop in Windsor this morning - at 95.
And hosting Biden for "tea" tomorrow, Sunday !!

Slime

LE
Well done to the troops for wearing sweaty kit on a hot day, but much more well done to the Queen.

She was in the same venue only recently for the funeral of her husband.

HM certainly looked more up for it than the Duke of Kent: his shuffle was painful to watch, and he's 10 years younger than Betty.

More troops on parade than last year with the incremental Companies, donkeys and assorted others.
With a continuing interest in equines, I kept watching how those few that were involved, were reacting today.

I particularly liked the mount of the (female) OC King's Troop. While the rest seemed to have gone to sleep, he had his ears forward, and was turning his head to watch, wherever, whatever, the action was. I half expected him to give his own "Eyes Left" as they passed HM . . . ;) .

I reckon, on the basis of that excellent performance, all future Trooping the Colour should be held at Windsor Castle rather than Horse Guards. Much more atmospheric.
The acoustics were good for the music . . . but I hope not !!

If the Household Division are to maintain their reputation for drill and spectical, then it HAS TO BE done on a grand scale.

And Horse Guards, has so many more opportunities to take Foot Guards Officers, out of their comfort-zone . . . and, puts them on horses !! :) .

Bloody RAF . . . about 5-10 minutes EARLY . . . with the horses still "manouvering" in the very tight confines, as they proceeded to the " . . . Gate" (exit).

Thankfully, the horses were probably just glad to be moving again . . . after an hour stood still . . . and thinking about their hay-nets ;) .

Agree, the DoK looked very old, and I held my breath as the Blues and Royals Officer (?Silver Stick) gingerly made his way down the step in mounted review order and tried to march across the stones!

Without claiming double time and no thought of throwing a sickie.....

Latest Threads