Trooping of the Colour

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by down_under, Jul 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any Guards member/anyone tell me where I may be able to get a copy of Trooping of the Colour on DVD. I have googled it and all I get is holiday info about seeing it in real life. Which I have. But I am after a copy on DVD. I realise I may have to purchase this internationally as I haven't been able to find it here.
    Any information is appreciated. :thumright:

2. Anyone know of videos of Troops other than those on Horse Guards ?.

Numerous reasons for Trooping, but there were certainly Queen's Birthday Parades in major locations such as Berlin.

What visual recordings exist ?.

PS - I understand this is Arroyo Day of 34th Foot. No date, just pre-WW2 I guess.

3. Get yourself on Op Outreach mate! Plenty of it going on up there!

4. Try phoning the Guards Museum Shop on -01462 - 850608.

I was in their in April, and am pretty sure they had Trooping the Colur on DVD, although its not listed on the on-line shop.

www.guards-shop.com

Good luck!

5. Thanks, I'll try that link, but I have been to youtube and the only stuff that has or focuses on the guards has been filmed straight off the telly or is only a couple of seconds in length. I also emailed the Guard shop but am still waiting on a reply... maybe they are overseas.

6. Hello Down Under
    I'm ex Scots Guards going to Perth WA in October for 4 weeks. Anywhere near?
    Re. Troop DVD. Google "trooping the colour dvd". Hundreds!

7. The Guards shop is located within Wellington Barracks in London.Which in turn holds HQs for all the Guards Regiments.

The shop in run by civvis/ex mil....it`s a tourist attraction m8 so you will get a reply! Reckon Donmac is yer man though!

8. Yeah mate Perth is only about 2000ks away. You'll be on the west coast and I am on the East :D . I'll google again and keep me eye out for the Guard Shop email reply. Cheers. Went to some of the You Tube flicks and I can see how you can have an immense pride in what you do. Well done the Guards. Apologies if wrong terminology.