Troopers or Jay Jays

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HENDO, Aug 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what mods these stores do. As I understand Trooper do a mod where they will put a zip on the lower part of an infantry bergen for ease to remove sleeping bag and also extra pockets on the front etc.

Does anyone know the cost of these mod's are or any other mods they do.??

2. jay jays do custom webbing - whatever you want on it. i've even heard of people asking for a mobile phone pouch :)

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Troopers do make the mod you mentioned, jokingly called the Cæsarian ! Not zipped, but a better design based on the Recce's Bateleur bergan.

They also produce custom webbing - one piece units with built in Hippo Pad, roll-pin buckle, pouches to customers' designs, etc.
    Assault yokes, vests, you name it they'll knock it out.
    Ask PF what they reckon to their kit.

If you have a specal request give them a bell on 01206-511-268, and yes they will send kit direct out to theatre.

4. Both these guys will do a good job for you, and I am speaking from experience.
    The choice is which one is easier for you to get to.

5. is there any chance some of you guys could stick up some photos of the mods they can do to beltkit???

6. Do Jay Jays have a branch in Sheffield? Because theres a surplus shop in Sheffield called Jay Jays and I want to know if they are the ones that do modifications to kit.

7. John (jay jays) in Brecon certainly seems to speak with a northern twang so I'm guessing they be part of the same thing?