troopers/jay jays

does any one think troopers/jayjay should get there arrsesin gear and get a website up and running as most of us use the internet flebay or other such sites it would boost there income has any1 told them this before and what was there answer or am i the only person who has thought this
What is troopers and jay jays? i know i sound stupid but i am from Gibraltar and all the kit i can buy is either from catalogues or the internet (or from shops when i am in the UK) there are no kit stores in Gib apart from a very shitty PRI Shop. What is so special about troopers and jay jays?
they make mods on issued or non issued kit and make up there own rigs ie webbing or chest rig but the only problem is you have to phone them or go see them in brecon
i know one is in brecon but dont no where the other is i havent visited it yet but i am thinking about making a trip i think they are there mainly because of the amount of courses going on there and the amount of military personel that are around
yeah, they must make some good money as i havent really heard of dealers that actually modify kit themselves. Think i'll pay them a visit next time im in Brecon.

depends on what ya buy really as in most shops but dont think its over priced liker silvermans. ere does your regiment do tours or are they just stabs
You will always pay slightly more for Custom built equipment, rather then items shops hold in stock.

If you want to custom build your issue type equipment have a chat with a local sewing machine factory, and see if you can find someone to do the work for you?

If you want custom built bergans speak to JayJays or Troopers or Dragon Supplies.

For Custom webbing as above will all do all they can to help.

Most companies are able to do some custom work, I have in the past had Arktis make a custom Vest for me.

If you are going to be in sennybridge have a word with The Camp Shop, and see if they can help? or RV Ops also have a base there.

bawheed said:
what i ment to say was is your regiment regular or TA as most Ta units do tours now .jw

The RGR is both Regs and TA . 4 Coys, HQ Coy (Reg and TA) . G Coy (Reg), I Coy (TA and Reg), B Coy (TA).

We dont do tours as our main role is to defend the Rock of Gibraltar and the KP's although u can voluntarily go on tours with other regiments.

The Regiment is soon to change though. We will have to do tours in the comming year or so.

Hi mate,

Getting away from your question a bit, but how do you join the RGR?

Do you have to be Gibraltarian or can you be a Brit who wants to move out there?

Both TA and Reg?
Carlos_Hathcock_II said:
Hi mate,

Getting away from your question a bit, but how do you join the RGR?

Do you have to be Gibraltarian or can you be a Brit who wants to move out there?

Both TA and Reg?
You can join the RGR just as you can join any other regiment mate, but you must obviously be willing to come and live over here (Gib is amazing!!!).

Take a look at our website:
(I would'nt bother trying to apply via their website as i dont think there is anyone in control of it any more). If you wanna know anything else fire at will.



Kit Reviewer
Gibboe, Troopers is on Military Road in Colchester & they're quite used to sending kit around the world.
Give them a bell on 01206 511 268 (0044 1206 511 268) with an idea of what you want & they'll do it or suggest a better design if yours is dog toffee.
There are some pics of their kit on this thread.

Similar threads

Latest Threads