Troop deaths in Ulster 'higher than thought'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Feb 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So much for it being a policing action.

RIP all those that died on the fields and streets of NI[/quote]

2. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

It's an excellent idea. Make sure that there is plenty of space at the bottom though, I don't think we're done there just yet.

3. Good to hear they're acknowledging all who died as a direct result of the conflict.

One young gunner from my battery died in an RTA as he came home on R & R. His multiple had been on a 12 hour night shift, they came off the streets early in the morning, straight on a plane, stright in a hire car to drive home, fell asleep at the wheel, went down an embankment and hit a concrete culvert. He died, the passenger was wounded.

As much a victim of the troubles as anyone.

4. Unfortunately UQ, - I think you may be right :(

5. Can you really see this government allowing such a thing without capitulating to IRA demands for something similar?

6. Sorry but didnt it say ...

This has nothing to do with normalisation or capitulating, It is about recognition of those who have fallen in service, It is long overdue.
    :(

7. Agreed-this Government will only agree if the spin machine can set up a nice photo op for B'Liar and that nice Mr Adams doesn't raise any objections (perhaps we can involve the Sinn Fein fund raising director, Mr Robin Banks!!)

8. Where do they put it. If they stick it in the Emeral Toilet it will just be defaced and vandalised. Hyde Park me thinks.

9. And that will stop it being defaced and vandalised then?!

10. Good point. Stick it inside Aldershite or Warminster or any of the larger Barracks.