Troodos UFO

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=42669&cat_id=9

A departure from my usual posts - just curious if it's credible or not?

If such an event occured it's probably a sneaky-beaky thing crashing rather than ET drink driving and crashing but you never know. The wife (and wimmin in general) is proof that life comes from a different planet anyway.

Sure it wasn't a U2?

1973 was before Cyprus was declared out of bounds, right?

I've seen strange creatures there since 1982. Is this a coincidence?

Can't have been a U2. There's a big sign saying "Don't take photos of the U2, it isn't here."

What's a U2, anyway?

As I recall, It used to be the the big, leaking Everready battery that powered my mechanical robot.

Sorry Heid, you're right, it was a howge Black Seagull , I saw nothing. Oh, that's odd, it's late and there is someone at the do..

PartTimePongo said:
Sorry Heid, you're right, it was a howge Black Seagull , I saw nothing. Oh, that's odd, it's late and there is someone at the do..
PTP, you are correct. That seagull makes a lot of noise when it gets dark

Not a U2 nor was it a SR71 blackbird that did not fly out of Akrotiri at 5:30am and did not come back at night. It couldn't have been because the septics said it wasn't there and what I thought I saw with mine own eyes in fact was just a very large black pudding.

I think there might well have been some kind of non British reconnaissance aircraft based at Akrotiri. Because one tried to land on my head in December 1977 :(

exbluejob said:
I think there might well have been some kind of non British reconnaissance aircraft based at Akrotiri. Because one tried to land on my head in December 1977 :(
Perhaps - but definitely not a U2. No siree. Any shots of taxying U2 on the pan are, by definition, photoshpped because they just weren't there...ever. Got that?

Victorian_Major said:
Perhaps - but definitely not a U2. No siree. Any shots of taxying U2 on the pan are, by definition, photoshpped because they just weren't there...ever. Got that?
Hhhhmmmm. Some guys speaking a mangled version of English visited me in hospital afterwards. It seemed to be their native tongue but they couldn't pronounce some of the words correctly.
Theres a thread on PPrune all about it. And recently a memorial garden was dedicated on the 30th anniversary of the crash.

Markintime said:
In his detailed account, Corporal Tom Clarke, who was part of a six man British Army unit on a late night patrol recalled what happened when spotted strange lights in the sky.

“We were all awoken at about 2am by a brilliant bluish dazzling bright light in the sky,
Says it all, I think.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So the two pissed-up USAF types I met at Akrotiri,who offered me a viewing of their "country's best kept secret",where not in fact alluding to any highly classified airframes that may or may not have been there?
Obviously my mistake.

How the hell can it be a best kept secret when errrr forget it. Huge Black Seagulls doing lazy 8's seagull style.

Could explain the behaviour of the RAFP , when myself and assorted drunken mates were told to 'Fcuk off out of it' as we were very close to the nesting site of said Seagulls.

RAFP , they don't just protect barriers , they do their bit for the local wildife too.

It's all true, slimy alien body snatchers arrived by "weather balloon" and started to take over the island in the late 1950s. The entire population became infected. Their leader, recognisable by his incredibly enlaged, enhanced alien brain, took over the island poorly disguised as a churchman.

Apparently the only way to one is by dismemberment with a spade followed by immediate burial. It is however highly recomended that you check for scandinavian I.D. before attempting this, apparently not all of the aliens on the beach come from outer space.