Trolls You Have Known

Eventually the Gestapo will make offending people online a serious crime. People will be extradited to more powerful countries for 'liking' sarcastically serious messages or for breaking someone's thin skin. They say that one man's troll is another man's fearless iconoclast.

It's a thing of beauty to watch a skillful persona ruin someone's vanity or righteousness with either a short, blunt message or the drawn out volley which leads to someone unwittingly becoming infuriated with a seemingly innocent masquerade.

The purpose of this thread is to describe trolls or trolling of note which was done with such skill and persistence that you were genuinely impressed.

internet-troll.jpg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Back in the days when Internet forums where the sole preserve of Trekkies and gamers, we had a quality form of non digital trolling.

It was incredibly simple, you just phoned someone, said "cock" and then hung up.

Letters could also be sent that simply said "cock", post it notes on desks saying "cock" etc.etc. Of course it also works in the digital age and I'm proud to see that cocking is alive and well on Arrse. I proudly lay claim to introducing it sometime back on one of the Jim Shortt threads.

A properly coordinated cocking effort can destroy a man. It's a thing of beauty to watch. Think phone calls in the middle of the night, anonymous texts etc.

On a separate note, I once saw someone post a serious thread (on a different forum) about the untimely recent death of their wife from aggressive cancer. The guy was properly grieving, serious breakdown stuff.

The first post on the thread immediately after his was this:

******* genius.

Back in the days when Internet forums where the sole preserve of Trekkies and gamers, we had a quality form of non digital trolling.

It was incredibly simple, you just phoned someone, said "cock" and then hung up.

Letters could also be sent that simply said "cock", post it notes on desks saying "cock" etc.etc. Of course it also works in the digital age and I'm proud to see that cocking is alive and well on Arrse. I proudly lay claim to introducing it sometime back on one of the Jim Shortt threads.

A properly coordinated cocking effort can destroy a man. It's a thing of beauty to watch. Think phone calls in the middle of the night, anonymous texts etc.

On a separate note, I once saw someone post a serious thread (on a different forum) about the untimely recent death of their wife from aggressive cancer. The guy was properly grieving, serious breakdown stuff.

******* genius.

Cock!
:)

My school mate had internet access back in 97 or so ,and the first sort of online forums were about , mostly US based and of a christian nature .

Usually being drunk it was pretty much the easiest thing ever to go on a site and just add something about Mary and donkeys , and that its all make believe crap . Trolling was not around then so you could pretty much get 50 or 100 people going mental with a short sentence .

Then reply to each comment with ' NO ' .

Im not to tech savvy but im sure my mate said some of the sites crashed because of it .

******* genius.

Ravers walt.

I sometimes find Arrse Naffi humour rubbing off on me.To be transferred onto the snowflakes on Facebook. There's one guy who's life I make utterly shit. He does tell lies though.

You were stella10?

I seem to recall you invited me over for some hot girl on girl action?
Was it any good?

Oh yes, I nearly forgot.

Cock.

jim30

LE
Didnt MLP go to the student room forum and pretend to be a eastern european student with poor english who liked walking his dog and wanted to know best places to 'go dogging'?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Didnt MLP go to the student room forum and pretend to be a eastern european student with poor english who liked walking his dog and wanted to know best places to 'go dogging'?

I don't recall that particular effort, but he never fails to make me smile when he deals with internet retards.

While we're on the subject, surely the epic (and thankfully still going) STC windup over on RR has to be one of the finest ever commited to keyboard?

I sometimes mess around on a military themed website and mercilessly troll the never-served, the bare of chest and teary of eyed.

It's easy peasy.

Latest Threads