Trolled by ARSSE who want to pimp out my data.

No, means no.

Anyone else getting this time and again despite saying no all questions?

ARSSENO.jpg

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Google is the same. "Open in Chrome or Maps". Chrome, tick Always. Next time exact same?

Open a web link in Torn. "Open in Chrome or Torn PDA?" . Chrome, tick always. Next time exact same. I've told you what I want and told you to remember. Just do it!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have my work laptop set to delete all cookies etc when I close the browser so I have to go through this each time. big deal.

637672096070825354_standard-tissues-600x600px.jpg

What gets me is that there is not a button where you can say no to all of those - instead it takes about 15 minutes to scroll through the lot of them to turn each one off. It's a pain in the arse, basically it's poor web admin - or these jokers running the show want to sell the data to a third party, and put so many buttons on in the hope you will get pissed off eventually and just accept all the cookies and what not.

Google is the same. "Open in Chrome or Maps". Chrome, tick Always. Next time exact same?

Open a web link in Torn. "Open in Chrome or Torn PDA?" . Chrome, tick always. Next time exact same. I've told you what I want and told you to remember. Just do it!
Apparently my PC is a Mac and I speak Indonesian, either that or there is a stowaway from Jakarta with an Apple computer living in my loft who is responsible for "Google Security Alert - New Login Location Detected" every time I fire it up.

Say again, all after "by" ?View attachment 610769
I suggested that ticking a couple of boxes about online data was less annoying than being sold for sex by a robot*. It wasn't a particularly funny comment in the first place and even less so now it's been explained.

1634656737736.jpeg

* stand by for trekkies to correct me at length over exactly what type of computery humanoid thing the character was.

I have to say, having once clicked the 'manage options' button, I don't think I have ever come across a site that appears to host so many data gathering 'partners'. The number is quite stunning.

Try managing them, but only if you have about an hour or so to spare.

I suggested that ticking a couple of boxes about online data was less annoying than being sold for sex by a robot*. It wasn't a particularly funny comment in the first place and even less so now it's been explained.

View attachment 610770

* stand by for trekkies to correct me at length over exactly what type of computery humanoid thing the character was.
Erm… wouldn’t it be a ‘Trekker’ that corrected you, ‘Trekkies’ would consider that to be too much tribble.

ah, my shuttlecraft has arrived…

Yokel

LE
I saw the potential for a great joke, but someone had got their first....

Better than being trolled by Data to pimp out your arse.

1634656897800.jpeg

The Star Trek male pimp. I dread to think what her is trying to demonstrate with his finger. Your probe can go in just after we check for Klingons...

View attachment 610770

FFS you have done it again! It just needs one thing to be pants wettingly funny - alcohol - lots of it.

View attachment 610770

On the contrary, after I had yet again ticked NO, for a minute I will never get back, I thought the comment very witty!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Erm… wouldn’t it be a ‘Trekker’ that corrected you, ‘Trekkies’ would consider that to be too much tribble.

ah, my shuttlecraft has arrived…
Not being beamed up?

Latest Threads