Troll Factory posters - target indications?

It seems like there are a couple of posters, both recently joined, and longer term, who may not exactly be who they claim.

They seem to follow a bit of a pattern of posting in a few threads to create a bit of an impact, then settling down to pretty much only posting on one topic, in a single thread.

Are there any other things to look out for before putting Ivan (or Svetlana) on ignore?

Is it you? Because:

A. You make very little sense.

B. You have posted this in CA.

Another obvious one is the variable grammar and spelling indicating multiple monkeys on the same account.

If only we'd noticed all this before...

If it's me, I already have myself on ignore.

Yes, there's one thing you need to look out for. They always work in pairs. One will play the obvious Russian with poor grammar and spelling and posting links from the Russian press. He's the decoy however.

The other one though is the one to watch out for. He will use multiple sock puppet accounts to attack the "obvious" one to try to establish his own credentials as being anti-Russian. He will have good grammar and post in idiomatic English and claim to have been born in the UK. He will slowly work his way into your confidence before ensnaring you into his nefarious plan. Before you know it you'll be wearing an enormous hat and goose-stepping across Red Square in a vodka fueled drunken stupor.

There's only one solution, and that's to put everyone on ignore except for yourself. It's the only way to be sure you're safe.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yes, there's one thing you need to look out for. They always work in pairs. One will play the obvious Russian with poor grammar and spelling and posting links from the Russian press. He's the decoy however.

The other one though is the one to watch out for. He will use multiple sock puppet accounts to attack the "obvious" one to try to establish his own credentials as being anti-Russian. He will have good grammar and post in idiomatic English and claim to have been born in the UK. He will slowly work his way into your confidence before ensnaring you into his nefarious plan. Before you know it you'll be wearing an enormous hat and goose-stepping across Red Square in a vodka fueled drunken stupor.

There's only one solution, and that's to put everyone on ignore except for yourself. It's the only way to be sure you're safe.

Oops, sorry, I thought the "i" icon stood for idiot.

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Before you know it you'll be wearing an enormous hat and goose-stepping across Red Square in a vodka fueled drunken stupor.
Or walking somewhere in Canada with your gun, searching for young girls and dollars (as in the popular Ukrainian song).

It seems like there are a couple of posters, both recently joined, and longer term, who may not exactly be who they claim.

They seem to follow a bit of a pattern of posting in a few threads to create a bit of an impact, then settling down to pretty much only posting on one topic, in a single thread.

Are there any other things to look out for before putting Ivan (or Svetlana) on ignore?

Get back to playing World of Warcraft, some of us have a thing called "work" to do in between posting!

Mm8vJ66uSUaGbXNeq6Uv_FB.0.1534626845.jpg

:-D:eek::-D

Latest Threads