Trojan, need help!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Halo, Sep 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone suggest a good antispyware or malware that i can download for free!, I have a Trojan rampaging through my pc and i cant catch the little sucker :(

2. Google AVG and download.It updates itself and can handle anything thats out there.
  3. adaware was always pretty good for a free product. Norton security seems to do a pretty good job of killing trojans.

Course you could upgrade to vista which has a number of anti trojan measures. Or course there is a price to be paid for that..... :roll:
  4. msr

msr LE

Yes, the best way to stop this is Cureit from :

It is a self contained programme, which does not install itself onto your PC.

5. Yeah Stuart666, i called into PC world and requested what teh upgrade to Vista would be, OMFG!!!

I downloaded Spydoctor from PC Tools and its catching the fecker, slippery little buggers, fiesty too! Whacked the cost on the OH`s Credit Card as it was his fault for surfing some unsavory but very very interesting sites that we caught it from :D
  6. AVG has done wonders for me

and bearing in mind the web sites of filth i belly crawl through
  7. Download The Cleaner V5 from It is designed specifically for the removal of trojan horse programmes. Btw, if you have had a trojan on your system for a while, change all your passwords as most trojans are designed to steal passwords.
  8. msr

msr LE

If the sites are as bad as you suggest, you might like to have a look at a linux live CD - this runs (as expected) from your CDROM and does not access your hard disk. Have a look at

When you have finished surfing, remove the CD, re-boot the PC and there is your Windows installation, utterly unsullied. No history, no spyware, no trace!

9. You may also want to run Adaware 2007 and spybot S & D. Both are free.

Hijackthis is also a good free tool. It will tell you what is running on your system. It saves a log file that can be pasted or uploaded to here and this will then tell you what is good or bad. Very handy for seeing what malware/trojans etc are actually running. Good luck.