Trojan, need help!

Can anyone suggest a good antispyware or malware that i can download for free!, I have a Trojan rampaging through my pc and i cant catch the little sucker :(

Halo
xx

Google AVG and download.It updates itself and can handle anything thats out there.

adaware was always pretty good for a free product. Norton security seems to do a pretty good job of killing trojans.

Course you could upgrade to vista which has a number of anti trojan measures. Or course there is a price to be paid for that..... :roll:

Yes, the best way to stop this is Cureit from : http://freedrweb.com

It is a self contained programme, which does not install itself onto your PC.

msr

Stuart666 said:
adaware was always pretty good for a free product. Norton security seems to do a pretty good job of killing trojans.

Course you could upgrade to vista which has a number of anti trojan measures. Or course there is a price to be paid for that..... :roll:
Yeah Stuart666, i called into PC world and requested what teh upgrade to Vista would be, OMFG!!!

I downloaded Spydoctor from PC Tools and its catching the fecker, slippery little buggers, fiesty too! Whacked the cost on the OH`s Credit Card as it was his fault for surfing some unsavory but very very interesting sites that we caught it from :D

Download The Cleaner V5 from www.moosoft.com. It is designed specifically for the removal of trojan horse programmes. Btw, if you have had a trojan on your system for a while, change all your passwords as most trojans are designed to steal passwords.

Hedgie,

If the sites are as bad as you suggest, you might like to have a look at a linux live CD - this runs (as expected) from your CDROM and does not access your hard disk. Have a look at http://www.pclinuxos.com

When you have finished surfing, remove the CD, re-boot the PC and there is your Windows installation, utterly unsullied. No history, no spyware, no trace!

msr

You may also want to run Adaware 2007 and spybot S & D. Both are free.

Hijackthis is also a good free tool. It will tell you what is running on your system. It saves a log file that can be pasted or uploaded to here and this will then tell you what is good or bad. Very handy for seeing what malware/trojans etc are actually running. Good luck.