Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BossHogg, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've suddenly found this horrible fucker on my 'puter. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it. F-Secure says it cant access it to quarantine it and my anti malware wont start to get rid of it. HELP!! 8O
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Boot up puter and before the Win logo comes up press f8 on keyboard it`s a bit tricky if you miss it boot again.

You should see a menu
    Go to "start in save mode with network support"
    It only loads the critical system data and then try to run you progs to remove it or if you know what file is infected you can remove it.
  4. I'm using malwarebytes
  5. msr

msr LE

Try superantispyware then.

And let us know the results.

6. I've tried but the link doesn't appear to be working, whether it's the trojan stopping it from accessing the site, I don't know. 8O
  7. msr

msr LE

8. msr

msr LE

9. 'Puter says no, I'll try a different 'puter.
  10. I've downloaded superantispyware from another computer and burn't it to disc, but the trojan wont let me install it. 8O
  11. Tried my way yet?
  12. Not yet, I've been trying to get this superanti whatsamacallit installed, I'll give it a go. :wink:
  13. Saw this post by accident whilst looking for something else - I've had a problem for about the last week which I had been unable to resolve - decided to give Super Anti Spyware a go, it sorted it in about 10 minutes! Magic. Thanks for the tip.
  14. msr

msr LE

If this does not work, try one of these:

I suspect you have more than one nasty on your PC.

I trust you have made a backup of your data?

15. worst case isolate your documents (put it on a memory stick or hard drive) if you have a recovery disk, recommend you format it. then get yourself protected again, and then check the memory stick or hard drive) for any viruses or problems

this is an extreme and worst case option.. however for future thought if possible try and use an external harddrive where possible and not your local..