Triumph bikes

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by mac1, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Triumph street triple

Attached Files:

2. The article is a great reminder that "Britishness" can be a great marketing characteristic, but only works when backed up by quality (which, years ago, used to be expected from everything with a "Made in Britain" stamp!).

I'm a Triumph owner myself, having decided to fly the flag when buying during an overseas tour, and I'm still quite proud of the interest shown in the bike whenever I use it abroad.

(One of the first Daytona Super III to escape - now considered old and heavy, but still great fun to ride!)
  3. I gonna take delivery of a new Triumph Tiger 1050 next week.

Saying goodbye to the old Tiger and Daytona 955i
  4. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

My Dad has a Bonneville and I really really want a Street Triple....but alas will have to wait until I get back to the UK. :(
  5. I've got a 955i Daytona Centennial and love it to bits.
    Loads of usable power, grip and a chassis that was designed for British blokes on British roads and makes the best noise this side of MotoGP!
    The fooking electrics are another matter though!!
  6. Had one of the original Daytona 600s, loved it. Comfort personified.

Got married and now a sprog on the way and no bike. Have a promise from the wife I can get a Speed Triple once sprog is here so roll on 2010

Anyone done the Factory tour yet?
  7. Factory tour?

Would love too. Every year I keep saying I will but never got round to it!!
    Most Trumpet Dealers organise them every few months. Really good day by all accounts.
  8. Contact your local dealer or local RAT pack for factory tour or contact them direct if you dont have local dealer
  9. Those street triples look really good. I paricularly like the Street Triple R version. Saw one being test ridden up and down the A281 Horsham Rd. It really shifted! Test rider wasn't hanging about.
  10. My first bike, Triumph Tiger Cub, proud day turning up at school on it road legal being able to ride it at 15. Mind you I still had to get a 'pass' from the deputy-head to be able to park it in the 'bike-sheds'. Daft thing was to get that you had to have a 'cycling proficiency certificate'. :!: [​IMG]

Production 1956-1968
    Engine 199cc single cylinder OHV four stroke
    Power 14 bhp @ 6500rpm
    Transmission 4-speed gearbox to chain drive
  11. I've got a 1998 T595 Daytona that just needed it's computer remapped for the exhaust I put on it. Cracking bike, handles similar to my old Kawasaki ZX7R but with loads more grunt and a lovely sound. Sails through MoTs, no electrical or mechanical issues so far but it is always garaged which helps.
  12. The new Tiger looks good. Has anyone got one? What are they really like? (I hate reading the sales guff).
  13. My mate's got a new Tiger, had it maybe 9 months, toured Europe on it for two weeks and he thinks it is great. Again, no issues. One thing that I have noticed between mine and the latest Triumph's is how highly engineered the new bikes are. Mine sounds gruff and there is a bit of mechanical noise but the new ones sound much tighter again with very little mechanical noise if any at all. I'd love a 1050 Speed Triple myself.
  14. the new Tiger is a different beast than the old Tiger 955i. Apparently the engine is different on the fuel injection front. I think its a wee bit shorter wheel base and the rake seems steeper without looking at tech spec comparison. New bike is a little faster and a bit more grunt.... that'll be the extra cubes.

The gear box is a lot smoother, but had a difficulty finding neutral on my test ride. the brakes are stonking too. No travel like old Tiger.

The basic bike is just well, a basic bike. You have to buy all the gubbins as extra. (very BMW-esque). The old Tiger came with panniers centre stand, heated grips, handlebar had guards etc...
    At the moment Triumph are doing a free £800 worth of accesories or clothing if you buy a new Triumph. I think offer runs out at end of Aug (not verified).