Triple Espresso, Red Bull and Ginseng (Shaken - Not Stirred)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Andy_S, Nov 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Fellows:

While maidens and sprogs lie a-bed in peaceful slumber, my ill-paid labour keeps me up late at night, night after night, tapping away at the keyboard.

Given this doleful situation: Can anyone recommend a decent eye-opener?

I have just experimented with Iced Mocha and Jockish Whiskey, and while I remain awake, it was by no means a corker, flavor-wise.

Recipes, recommendations and hard-won experience are all welcomed.

2. Big bottle of cheapo ASDA redbull knock-off, blue charge or something its called. Strong coffee every 30 mins.

Family-sized dose of deep heat, apply to helmet and other sensitive areas. That'll keep you up.

3. Yup Blue charge 1L for a quid, try the new mixed fruit one its mint(I mean its good, not actually mint flavoured, wouldn't want to confuse anyone).
    Relentless is good too, get the 50% fruit juice ones Immortus and Devotion. If you liked screech get Relentless Inferno it tastes exactly like when I made some screech and put it in the soda stream.
    Cokes good too as a livener, but it makes me sneeze....;-P

• Like Like x 2
  4. Relentless is the best for keeping awake. Bit addictive though. I buy them in a 24 can slab from Costco for about £15. At worst one slab only lasted 4 days although I got shit loads done as sleep was impossible :)

All the different flavours make decent mixers for cheap vodka too.

5. Espresso Martinis.

Properly made they are akin to liquid cocaine. Plus they provide all the benefits of alcohol consumption without the staggering and dribbling. Too many will turn your bowels to water however.

6. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Espresso martinis? By gum, now that's a brilliant idea if ever I heard one. (Bows, tips hat)

Alas, I am not in the UK, so that various Red Bull combos are N/A here. Was thinking more along the lines of various foul concoctions of hot chocolates, piping hot teas, brandies, rums, etc

7. Wrap yourself in clingfilm then take some amphetamines. As a bonus you'll lose weight too.

8. Can of Rockstar...not only will it keep your eyes open, it may even make you dance.

9. Rockstar is like drinking a half pint of someone else's bubblegum laced saliva. Not nice at all in other words.

10. So are most of these so called energy drinks...

11. Crystal meth. It's for winners. Or, failing that, triple-brewed coffee - a couple of pots of that will keep you going strong for days.

12. My old essay mix was thus - coffee, cola and bourbon. The only problem is the bubbles are vile. The drink itself is delicious but the bubbles are evil and plentiful.

13. Try adding half a spoonfull of sugar to your cola before you mix the drink.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you look back to the days of your basic training, I'm sure you'll realise the infallible method for staying awake is to fail a kit inspection.

Get your missus to chuck the contents of your wardrobe out of the window, kick your ironing down the corridor and then summon you to the front room in a different suit of clothes every hour for as long as you need to stay awake.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Schweige:

Intriguing. I'll give it a go when I next have some of Mr. C. Cola's fine invention in the house.

Carrots:

Creative. But how d'ye keep the Doris awake, eh?