Triple Crown Challenge

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Deskjockey, May 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know who won the Best RAO Det in the AGC Triple Crown Challenge this year. I hear the competition was feirce, whoever won must of been nails!

2. RAO Det? AGC? Challenge? Fierce? Nails?

Never knew that the inter office typing contest was so aggressive.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Biscuits, you forgot the race to get to the filing cabinet first and the get the boss a cup of tea, 2 sugars and a kiss on the arrse.

All very highly competitive and ones in which the huge arrse required by AGC comes into effect for pushing the opposition out of the way :twisted:

4. I mean it when I say it's not everyday you see members of our corps running around with bergans and rifles strapped to themselves. Its normally burgers and trifles! Stilll, it is only once a year. Why else would we do it but for the big free piss up at the end, and obviously free food!

5. spot the censorship!

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

AGC and running, bergans, riles = oxymoron :lol:

7. You are painting the AGC with a very big brush there, some of us are very good at all that (bergans, rifles, running) crap.

Big words by the way, are you certain all the non AGC will understand them!

8. I don't believe it. In my regiment all you have to do is mention the word exercise and the AGC go running. They seem to think that the word will fall down if they go out of camp. Nobody works harder than us we hear them cry. P155 off, have you ever done a bridge gallop? They hugely over estimate the importance of a clerk in a regiment when in actual fact they still fcuk most of the claims and pay problems. How many people here have been paying for a quater and singlies food and accomadation? Surely one cancels the other out in most situations.

9. You see there you go again, "all you AGC seem to do is fcuk up claims and pay!" thats rich considering the little bit of the claim form that we ask you lot to fill in, you lot seem to fcuk up. Example - Marital status, and it even says 1 - 5s on it if you look closely. So where do people get "M" from, or S. What about deletions, does anyone ever actually read the forms??

Secondly, married quarter charges are dealt with manually, all the AGC Dets do is forward the paperwork they receive from DHE to APC, nuff said! and as far as starting Single Food and Accommodation when you turn up at a new Unit, 9 times out of 10 this is done by the Docs side who import their records without glancing into the pay file. Thats if your previous Unit bothers to send your pay docs on time or with the rest of your docs.

You can say what you like about how hard you think we have it or dont as you may see it but the simple fact is, our responsibilty is 24 7, when you go home at night, chances are we will still be in the office, only time you all work late is on exercise, in fact exercise for us is a welcome break from the office, knowing too well that our trays are pilling up by the minute back in the office.

10. You see there you go again, "all you AGC seem to do is fcuk up claims and pay!" thats rich considering the little bit of the claim form that we ask you lot to fill in, you lot seem to fcuk up. Example - Marital status, and it even says 1 - 5s on it if you look closely. So where do people get "M" from, or S. What about deletions, does anyone ever actually read the forms??

Secondly, married quarter charges are dealt with manually, all the AGC Dets do is forward the paperwork they receive from DHE to APC, nuff said! and as far as starting Single Food and Accommodation when you turn up at a new Unit, 9 times out of 10 this is done by the Docs side who import their records without glancing into the pay file. Thats if your previous Unit bothers to send your pay docs on time or with the rest of your docs.

You can say what you like about how hard you think we have it or dont as you may see it but the simple fact is, our responsibilty is 24 7, when you go home at night, chances are we will still be in the office, only time you all work late is on exercise, in fact exercise for us is a welcome break from the office, knowing too well that our trays are pilling up by the minute back in the office.

11. Desk Jockey - 100% behind you there mate. As a jockey myself for 17 years now, I all too often have seen the mass exodus at 1630 hrs or even 1330 hrs on Fridays from the Illustrious Capbadge that we are, oh so happy, to be attached too. Never mind mate, rest in the knowledge that when their Main Pay is fcuked off to the 1st Royal Bank of Timbuktu (purely down to Unicrap error of course) they wont be so gobby then. And, after all the Army does need some people who can read and write or add 2 and 2 together......

12. Thanks for the support Danny, beginning to think I was alone out there. I mean its true there are some bad apples within our corps but I know I work damn hard, as do my colleagues. Its hard using that same old excuse, Glasgow or UNICOM but seriously, I have let a few people deal with their problem myself with me guiding them and they understand fully.

Take the students out of APC and the civi's (some of them anyway) especially that craig! and put in people that actually give a shite. There is only a few good people I trust in Glasgow but now we are not allowed to phone them direct! Help Desk?? you know they have to volunteer to work on the help desk and none of them want to do it. Why dont they just bin the help desk number and give us a few more fax numbers because we only end up faxing anyway!, its not like UNICOM transmissions mean anything!

13. My heart bleeds, have you ever seen the amount of work an RE support troop do? No. When all the rest of the guys are done, clerks included we are still working. I notice you didn't say anything in defence of clerks shirking off exercise though

14. That's interesting. What are the minimum quals needed to become join the Military Clerk CEQ?

15. I'm sure it's lower than an ME POM (5 GCSEs at C or above including maths and english). Having seen the fcuk ups with their writing they definatly haven't got english (I know my spelling's crap so don't do there)