Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Triple Canopy Hiring

dangerous

And underpaid. Last time I was there, life support was pretty dire as well. There'd have to be some significant changes made to convince me to go back.

A word to those tempted if I may...compared to life in green, the money and lifestyle seems like a dream ticket. However, if you accept what they're offering, you're underselling your skillset and experience.

Quite a few operators in places like this, rely on eager recently demobbed guys looking to get their foot in the door. They then do 2 rotations and realise that they're being shafted, so they bin it. The operators don't mind because there's always another eager ex-something waiting by the door with foot poised.

The deployment length alone might be too much for me, and I definitely wouldn't want to be driving up and down route Irish (or what ever it's called these days...) all day.

They original "dangerous" comment is a bit vague, is 2017 still that bad? I'm having a hard time finding much good info.

The deployment length alone might be too much for me, and I definitely wouldn't want to be driving up and down route Irish (or what ever it's called these days...) all day.

They original "dangerous" comment is a bit vague, is 2017 still that bad? I'm having a hard time finding much good info.

I bet its not safe, but I dont think its that bad currently. There would be more in the news about it.

I bet its not safe, but I dont think its that bad currently. There would be more in the news about it.

That's what I was thinking. I have a few friends who've been out to Mosul, doing volunteer Dr / Surgeon type stuff, and they didn't think it was too bad... but that's not really much help.

14 weeks is a long hitch but could be doable depending on base location, facilities, team, quality of vehicles and equipment, internet and back office logistics/intel/back up support. As mentioned previously personal circumstances are critical. If you need a quick deposit for a house or similar its worth a crack. As a lifestyle it would be a quick downhill / burnout. If it was me I would be pulling contacts to try to get heads up on the above before committing. And get contract well in advance and go through with fine tooth comb seeking advice where necessary. Especially taxation if a US Company. I work for a US Company in Middle East as resident UK expat and I pay an element of US Tax as paid out of US into Middle East bank (14%?). But this works well for me as I am 'overpaid' an equivalent amount in my contract under a form of LOA. Also check currency to be paid in, where and when and penalty clauses in the contract. Best of Luck.

For what its worth I spoke to one of the TRiple canopy blokes.
State dept is their main contract ( the chap may have been referring to Basra region, as this was the airport where I spoke to him)

He did say everyone was an American national
( except him & two other South Africans )
If they're accepting of your passport, brilliant.

Constellis seems to be putting TC towards USGovt contracts
And olive group towards al others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Constellis website all I can ever find is jobs for US Citizens only. PMC work is desirable but all job postings, no matter the company seem to be aimed at US Residents. Constellis are useless with replying to emails too, emailed them and heard nothing.

On Constellis website all I can ever find is jobs for US Citizens only. PMC work is desirable but all job postings, no matter the company seem to be aimed at US Residents. Constellis are useless with replying to emails too, emailed them and heard nothing.

Unless things have changed significantly, that’s because they would work for less, their rotations were worse as was their life support.

Don't go there, the HR boss of Constellis UK is called Martyn, follow him on LinkedIn, as he has posted in the last week for UK blokes for PSD roles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk