Trip Insurance?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, May 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to shortly to France for a weekend and need travel insurance for the trip.
    Will be away for just under 48hrs, so do anyone know of a good insurance company to go through?
    Have had a quote of £13 but wonder if i can get it cheaper or better cover ie more things provided on the policy.
  2. Cheaper than 13 quid, if that's going to break the bank is it worth going?
  3. You're lucky crimson ....have yourself a heart attack then try to get cheap travel insurance FFS..... by the way, £13 isn't so bad took the camper over last year , £50 odd for 9 days
  4. ......

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for the replies.
    Found out i'm covered with my bank through my credit card company for free european travel.
    So happy days!
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

These "affinity products" (ie bundled as part of a bank account or similar) can be anywhere on the spectrum from offering very little to a fully inclusive product.

Take the time to read it well, and make sure you understand what it covers and what it doesn't. Take particular care that you meet all of the preconditions:

Do you need to register to make the product valid?
    Is there any medical screening or application process?
    Do you have cover for any family members travelling with you?

Also, make sure that you take a copy with you, particularly the contact details for the emergency assitance company who you will need to call if you have a medical problem while abroad. Failure to abide by the conditions relating to notification in the event of a claim could cost you a lot of money.

Enjoy your trip!