Trip advice?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following recent threads on visiting safe and friendly places like Scotland and Bournemouth.
    I have to go to Manchester Airport on Saturday.What is the current situation? Will I be safe? Do they have clean water? Any tips welcome.

2. Is this the new trend, everytime some has to make a visit outside their home county we have to ask for advise?

Responses will be as follows:

Don't slow down you'll have your wheels knicked
    Have you had your injections
    I'll dig out a phrase book
    You have to sleep with your sister as you cross into the county

etc etc etc......

There's a travel forum, try there?

PS Manchester is a farking hole, the only good thing is the Trafford Centre for shoes.

3. If it was Angola,I would not worry.But this is Manchester we are talking about.I have heard some odd things about the people there.And they talk funny.

4. And you talk complete shit.

5. Are you a Manc?

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Doubt it. Couldn't afford a PC, unless it's nicked from someone down south!

7. Manchester is a brilliant airport. Are picking up or dropping off? If picking up, I'd find a layby to sit in for a while, until you get a call from your mate telling you they've left the plane. That way you'll save lots of money of parking, it's 5.50 for more than half an hour!

8. Here's some trip advice.

They arent for the weak minded,

don't nibble the edge strips from around the trips, they're soaked aswell and you'll be off your tits for a week.

hope this helps.

10. Whatever floats your boat :wink:

11. If you are coming from Glasgow and pick the right train it goes right to the airport - the business.

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Since I come from a place barely 15 minutes' drive from Manchester Airport, I feel honour-bound to inform you that it is located very close to Wythenshawe - the biggest council estate in Europe. This is the place where that little chav was pictured giving David Cameron the Vs, and that girl reported her dad for slapping her. It is, indeed, a hole.

However, there are some very nice, almost civilised towns if you drive the opposite direction towards such places as Cheadle, Bramhall and Wilmslow. And don't feel the urge to drop in on my mum on the way past.

13. So you see "5 alpha"there are some nice people here who give good intel.Such as finding a "Ladyboy" to sit with,Brilliant stuff.

14. I'm disturbed by the fact that when I saw my last post quoted, I had to go back and check that I didn't actually type ladyboy. Eeek.

15. My trip advice.....

Pick up your feet and watch where your walking