• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Trig Points I have Visited / What did you do on it?

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
#1
Ok Most of us have tabbed/flown over, collapsed wimpered. peed on trig points My first was the Fan (as a crow) cant remember how many times ive been up there now, but my favorite got to be Hambledon on Dartmoor, amazing views. where yours
 
#2
Ingleborough Summit 2007, shot up it on a Sunday morning, scranned 2 x corned beef and cheese doorstep butties and half a bottle of Ribena, sly w*nk then back to the car. It was a quiet summer....

Forgot to add, 'Churn Milk Joan' Calder Valley, go up it from the eastern ascent on a Saturday night and its a one stop shop for fat village folk being porked by farmhands in rickety Landrovers ! Garrrr ! :D
 
#3
Snowdon, hanging out of my arse with small voretexes of air being sucked in from Venezuela and sweating like a para in a spelling test. Then seeing a dozen peanuts being smuggled up the hill and having to suck the gut in, puff the chest out and mutter things like "only another 27 miles to go...."
 
#5


Not strictly a trig point but it's the highest point around for some distance and I claim to have had the first tug on the rim of this volcano for over a century!!

A beer for the first correct answer on where this is.
 
#7
jarrod248 said:
tattybadger said:
Snowdon, hanging out of my arse with small voretexes of air being sucked in from Venezuela and sweating like a para in a spelling test. Then seeing a dozen peanuts being smuggled up the hill and having to suck the gut in, puff the chest out and mutter things like "only another 27 miles to go...."
I'd not say it was my favourite but most memorable. I took the following day off as reward, which cnut said we were hillwalking? Fcuking Snowdon Horshoe is not really hillwalking.
If the biggest hill you see on a daily basis is the slope up Oxford street, Snowdon is fuckingmountain climbing!
 
#8
tattybadger said:


Not strictly a trig point but it's the highest point around for some distance and I claim to have had the first tug on the rim of this volcano for over a century!!

A beer for the first correct answer on where this is.
Is that Central Island in Lake Turkana, Kenya?
 
#9
Pete_the_writer said:
tattybadger said:


Not strictly a trig point but it's the highest point around for some distance and I claim to have had the first tug on the rim of this volcano for over a century!!

A beer for the first correct answer on where this is.
Is that Central Island in Lake Turkana, Kenya?
Close.
 
#10
jarrod248 said:
Tatty,
Oxford St. in London? that's south of Sheffield I don't go down there very often the air is poor but the company is good.
...and there is some outstanding peanut smuggling going on at this time of year, just west of Oxford St!
 
#11
reni_77 said:
Ingleborough Summit 2007, shot up it on a Sunday morning, scranned 2 x corned beef and cheese doorstep butties and half a bottle of Ribena, sly w*nk then back to the car. It was a quiet summer....
Ingleborough Summit 2007, one Sunday at about lunchtime on a quiet summer's day. Sat down in what I thought was some runny bird shoite & got it all over my nice new North Face climbing trousers...
 
#12
CaptainPlume said:
reni_77 said:
Ingleborough Summit 2007, shot up it on a Sunday morning, scranned 2 x corned beef and cheese doorstep butties and half a bottle of Ribena, sly w*nk then back to the car. It was a quiet summer....
Ingleborough Summit 2007, one Sunday at about lunchtime on a quiet summer's day. Sat down in what I thought was some runny bird shoite & got it all over my nice new North Face climbing trousers...
When's it due?
 
#15
tattybadger said:
CaptainPlume said:
reni_77 said:
Ingleborough Summit 2007, shot up it on a Sunday morning, scranned 2 x corned beef and cheese doorstep butties and half a bottle of Ribena, sly w*nk then back to the car. It was a quiet summer....
Ingleborough Summit 2007, one Sunday at about lunchtime on a quiet summer's day. Sat down in what I thought was some runny bird shoite & got it all over my nice new North Face climbing trousers...
When's it due?
Is there a web cam on this PC? I'm afraid to say it's moobs & a beer baby you see, not womanly curves!
 
#17
reni_77 said:
Ingleborough Summit 2007, shot up it on a Sunday morning, scranned 2 x corned beef and cheese doorstep butties and half a bottle of Ribena, sly w*nk then back to the car. It was a quiet summer....
:D
Done something very similar in 2006, but mine was a blatant w*nk 'cos I'm a bit of an exhibitionist tart.

Did you see any pearly stains on the concrete?
 
#20
For sheer buzz factor it has to be brewing up on the top of Ben Nevis, having done the Tower Ridge Ice ascent.
The look on the faces of the American tourists as we breasted the Gully, stripped off the gortex and started the tea going was priceless.

For views I love the top of either Great or Green Gable on a clear day; and you have the added advantage of looking down into the cockpits of the Anglesey Airways flights as they pass under you!
 

Latest Threads