Tribute to Vietnam Vets by their children (Video)

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Feb 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Nice video. That is a brilliant shot of a wounded man, caring for another, more seriously, wounded man.

A few points though.

Check out the state of the guys hair in the second shot!!! Hair cut for you, sunshine, back in my office in 10mins.

I like the "they fought for freedom" followed by a pic of an airman hoseing the jungle with a minigun. "peace through superior firepower!"

Trip, what is the crack with the boots for makeshift graves? Brits push the rifle in, and hang the helmet, but in 'Nam, 'Stan and 'Raq the Yanks always put a set of boots around the muzzle. Why is that?

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

These types of ceremonies are not usuall at 'gravesites.' They are just that a memorial ceremony, usually sometime after the fact and attended by the soldiers unit, etc.

The rifle is placed into the ground (Or planter in some cases.) using the bayonet. The boots at the base of the muzzle and (Sometimes dog tags,) Helmet and/or Beret draped over the rifle stock.

This is a common ceremony used by the Army and Marines, now as well as in Vietnam.

4. I thought it was touching. I'll admit I chuckled at the placement of that minigun picture right after "they fought for freedom"