Tribute Ink - Tattoos in the armed forces - a gallery

MrMemory

War Hero
Tribute Ink is a new exhibition featuring photographs by Charlie Clift at the National Army Museum, that explores how the military community uses tattoos. The stories behind the portraits bear witness to fallen comrades, bravery and sacrifice, and commemorates conflicts, personal stories and the bond between combatants. It runs from 31 January to 17 April before touring the country.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
so what happened to the heart with mum on it ?

Last edited:
Nice to see tatts that actually mean something, instead of those chav chinese menus.

About 30 years ago, my kid brother was run over by a taxi inLisbon.

It was only when RN officers were visiting another victim, when they spotted his tatts, in the same ward, when they realised where AWOL Al had gone to.

Is it just me or do most tatts now just look an unstructured mess, particularly full sleeves and great big ones over the body? I can't generally make head nor tail of them, just a big coloured blob like my toddler grandkids do.

Nice to see tatts that actually mean something, instead of those chav chinese menus.

About 30 years ago, my kid brother was run over by a taxi inLisbon.

It was only when RN officers were visiting another victim, when they spotted his tatts, in the same ward, when they realised where AWOL Al had gone to.

Saying that, once the RN had ID'd him, the response was unbelievable, taxis. flights. hotels, couldn't have done more..... heroes.

Regt/Corps Mottos are usually great, I just wonder how many members of the RLC have one.

True Love Mum. Underneath a skull with a dagger through it,dripping blood

MrMemory

War Hero

ugly

LE
In 1985 our RMO wanted to photograph everyones tattoos in the Bn, he couldn't believe what an assortment of different styles and places that existed.. Not sure if he ever did complete it though!

Latest Threads