Tribunal rules soldier was racially abused

Western said:
Doesn't look like the RLC, Welsh Guards or RMP come out of this one smelling of roses. Anyone got a copy of the tribunal report?
Very sad indeed, it appears as if racism does still exist in some places. What evidence do you have for saying the RLC do not come out of this smelling of roses - are you suggesting the RLC are at fault?

No form of racism is acceptable - anywhere, or at any time. It is the lowest, most cowardly, form of bullying.

When there is proven unacceptable behaviour, as appears to be the case here, then I believe that the full wrath of anger and just retribution should be applied right across the 'chain of command'.

By this I mean not only the 'Lance corporal' mentioned but his sergeant; his company sergeant major; the company commander and the commanding officer.

The 'Lance corporal' should have been 'stamped on' - hard.

His sergeant ought to have been 'bitten' - savagely - by the company sergeant major.

The company sergeant major should have ensured the company commander was fully 'picturized'.

The company commander ought to have briefed, in detail, the commanding offier.

The commanding officer ought, in those circumstances, cleansed the Stygian stables and then faced any 'music' coming his way - even removal from appointment.

The first time this happens, and appropriate punishments are meted out, following full investigation and trial of course; then I suspect it will become a much rarer event.

B

Biscuits_AB

m2mSolutions said:
Western said:
Doesn't look like the RLC, Welsh Guards or RMP come out of this one smelling of roses. Anyone got a copy of the tribunal report?
Very sad indeed, it appears as if racism does still exist in some places. What evidence do you have for saying the RLC do not come out of this smelling of roses - are you suggesting the RLC are at fault?
F*ck me, you're sensitive aren't you?

B

Biscuits_AB

lsquared said:
No form of racism is acceptable - anywhere, or at any time. It is the lowest, most cowardly, form of bullying.

When there is proven unacceptable behaviour, as appears to be the case here, then I believe that the full wrath of anger and just retribution should be applied right across the 'chain of command'.

By this I mean not only the 'Lance corporal' mentioned but his sergeant; his company sergeant major; the company commander and the commanding officer.

His sergeant ought to have been 'bitten' - savagely - by the company sergeant major.

The company sergeant major should have ensured the company commander was fully 'picturized'.

The commanding officer ought, in those circumstances, cleansed the Stygian stables and then faced any 'music' coming his way - even removal from appointment.

The first time this happens, and appropriate punishments are meted out, following full investigation and trial of course; then I suspect it will become a much rarer event.
You've really taken this to heart haven't you?

Call me thick if you want but I'm struggling to see exactly what the racist element of all this amounts to, unless of course theres some hidden meaning to the name "Paris Hilton" that I'm unaware of? Sounds a lot like routine squaddy pi*s-taking to me.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

m2mSolutions said:
Western said:
Just on the assumption that his LCpl, the racist, was a cook and therefore RLC.

Jaeger said:
Call me thick if you want but I'm struggling to see exactly what the racist element of all this amounts to, unless of course theres some hidden meaning to the name "Paris Hilton" that I'm unaware of? Sounds a lot like routine squaddy pi*s-taking to me.
So fcuckind n***er doesn't sound racist to you then?

western said:
m2mSolutions said:
Western said:
Just on the assumption that his LCpl, the racist, was a cook and therefore RLC.
THere is obviously more to this than has been reported in the article however the piece actually reads

The chef in the Welsh Guards, nicknamed "Paris Hilton", was attacked by a racist lance corporal, the tribunal heard.
which is not the same as his LCpl - the racist may not be a cook as you put it.

Jaeger said:
not calling you thick, but did you get as far as paragraph 4 of the article?

33 year old private, clearly a "flier", not inferring there isn't a problem here; but it would not surprise me if he turned out to be after a quick buck.

If this is not the case I will be the first person to fall on my sword, it just seems a bit too "easy": Guards Bde "history of racism", RMP failings (they may be ********* but a racism investigation would be like all there Christmas's coming at once, something to get there teeth into and squaddies to shaft regardless) & throw into the mixer a black 33 yr old (passed over no doubt) chef.

Why didn't the other boys like him? Was he the only guy to pass the (chefs) course?

Sorry Krazy but

[/quote]The tribunal has been told that Hylton, a chef with the Welsh Guards, has been repeatedly called a “n*****”, a “dumb-arsed n*****”, a “black bastard” and a “black c***”. His wife and children have been left in fear after two incidents in which the locks on the doors at the family’s married quarters were superglued shut. When Hylton complained that a noncommissioned officer who racially abused him had also punched him, leaving him requiring hospital treatment, he was himself arrested by the Royal Military Police

lsquared said:

Wrong, The Gubmint say its OK and that is fine by me!

Hmm - seems like I missed a graveytrain trick here. If the tribunal members had been in the same pub as me during the English Wales 6 nations match this year they would have seen a baying pack of white shirted "racists" verbally abusing a small minority of Welsh supporters. The language was a lot harsher, however there was no superglue involved.......I have been suffering this appalling abuse regularly for over 30 years now - where’s my £50,000.

cpunk

LE
Jaeger said:
Call me thick if you want ...
OK. You're thick.

Krazy_Ivan said:
33 year old private, clearly a "flier", not inferring there isn't a problem here; but it would not surprise me if he turned out to be after a quick buck.

If this is not the case I will be the first person to fall on my sword, it just seems a bit too "easy": Guards Bde "history of racism", RMP failings (they may be ********* but a racism investigation would be like all there Christmas's coming at once, something to get there teeth into and squaddies to shaft regardless) & throw into the mixer a black 33 yr old (passed over no doubt) chef.
If the army doesn't want to have to keep paying out compensation in racism cases at employment tribunals, people need to get used to the idea that black people generally don't enjoy being referred to as 'nigger' by their superiors, however amusing the superiors think it may be. It's as simple as that.

Krazy_Ivan said:

Why didn't the other boys like him? Was he the only guy to pass the (chefs) course?

Pte Hylton, who came to England to study in 2000, joined the Army's Royal Logistic Corps in April 2003. He trained as a chef and was a member of kitchen staff at barracks in Bicester.
How many chefs who joined up at the same time as his have been promoted then? (bearing in mind he won't have been able to be promoted after signing off)
If he has been suffered racism then isn't it also possible that his CR's won't have been sufficient to get him promoted, either because of racism by those having input into them, and/or because his performance will could have been effected by suffering from the attacks?

He said he was worried to be sent away on deployment as his family were left in “a state of fear as to what might happen to them”.
any excuse to tour dodge!