Tribunal help!

Hi my husband has won his tribunal against the MOD and has been awarded tariff 6 for PTSD which looks like it’s a pay out of £140k plus a Guaranteed income payment of 75% of his final salary. He has been fighting this for 7 years so the news is just fantastic for him but we can’t get any clarification of the details of what he has been awarded and have been told it could be 6 weeks. Does any one know if you are awarded a tariff is that the definite payment and also will his income payment be backdated to 2014 when he started the process of making a claim? Any help would be very much appreciated. It’s been a very long and difficult 7 years for him and our family and he wants to start to move on!

Call the Veterans Welfare Centre for your area, they should be able to help. They will also inform equinity that your husbands payments are not to be taxed.

War Hero
Dingerr has more practical experience than me of the receiving end!

If you have just had your tribunal then you will get a written judgement after a few weeks. Then the VA react to the written judgement and will then put the payments into place and backdate them to the date of claim. They will write to you setting it all out. That may be why you have been told six weeks.

GIP will be from when your husband left service. You don’t receive it whilst serving.

The pension/GIP will be abated. E.g if pension is £10k and GIP is £20k the GIP will be abated by £10k so you will receive £10k pension and £10k GIP for £20k total.

Thanks so much he was hoping it would be back dated as he hasn’t worked for 7 years so great news if it is thanks :)

If you don’t already you can probably claim carers allowance and he should be able to claim ESA(C). The GIP payment is compensation and does not count towards claiming ESA(C).

Really how would I find out about this? Could you send me a private message? You seem to know an awful lot and have been so helpful! :)

War Hero
Unfortunately he knows an awful lot about AFCS because he was standing on a large object that went bang and threw bits of him around the countryside and despite the best efforts of the surgeons he is only half the man he was, the top half.

I am not telling any secrets, he has posted pictures - probably to put me off my dinner

Really how would I find out about this? Could you send me a private message? You seem to know an awful lot and have been so helpful! :)

You’re welcome.
PM sent.

Hi please can I add onto this thread. I’ve been searching for answers my husband has just had a reconsideration of claim and now has 75% gip (was 30%) and can now get AFIP instead of pip. He currently gets pip and esa(c) do I have to stop claiming them for him. I’m so confused and can’t find answers anywhere

Mosquito

Clanker
Hi please can I add onto this thread. I’ve been searching for answers my husband has just had a reconsideration of claim and now has 75% gip (was 30%) and can now get AFIP instead of pip. He currently gets pip and esa(c) do I have to stop claiming them for him. I’m so confused and can’t find answers anywhere
I recommend you start a new thread and ask your question there. You'll get a better response rate.

Latest Threads