Tria juncta in uno

Written on all pips is the motto "Tria Juncta In Uno", surrounding three symbols, I know the motto means "three joined in one", but I have no idea why the motto of the order of Bath would be on pips or what the symbols are, can anybody tell me?

Is not the star a miniature of the star of the Order of the Bath? Just as Guards Regiments' stars are miniatures of the stars of other Orders as appropriate?

ChickenHeart said:
I understand that these three countries were England, Scotland and Ireland, as represented in the Union flag?

CH
I really hope this isn't a Wah.....Yes it represents the three countries (or crowns) that are united under the one flag, to represent their Union.

Before any rampant Welsh nationalists ask - no your flag is not included, because when the Union flag was created, Wales had already joined England and was therefore already part of it; Wales is represented by the cross of St George.

mushroom said:
There's me thinking it was a reference to the Holy Trinity. What a waste of an education.
Apparently not a complete waste, mushroom :wink:
Wikipedia said:
The Order [of the Bath']s motto is Tria juncta in uno (Latin for "Three joined in one"), a reference to either the union of England, Scotland and Ireland, or to the Holy Trinity. The former is more likely; a recurring symbol of the Order comprises three crowns.

E

error_unknown

The Pink from Her Bettiness Site

"The motto is 'Tria juncto in uno' ('Three joined in one'), a motto first used in James I's (and VI of Scotland) reign. The motto was historically thought to refer either to the Union of England, Scotland and France, or to the Union of England, Scotland and Ireland, or to the Holy Trinity."

So Wah not wah! :wink:

E

error_unknown

I'm sure I watched a DVD recently which featured 'Tria Juncta in uno'. The 'uno' in question was a young Czech lady.

Trotsky seems to be attempting the "double wah". As I do not posess the electronic equivalent of a "wah hat" I am unfortunately unable to reply

hey i have a badge that says "Tria Juncta In Uno" and i no that it means "Three Joined In One" and about the bath star symbols but where would u find a badge like this (its gold and green and red and the out side shape is a diamond and the green and red are as 2 circles with the writing on the red and then the bath stars in the center) because i have one.

'Written on all pips is the motto "Tria Juncta In Uno", surrounding three symbols' - You must be in a very parlous state if you are reduced to reading the mottos on officers pips. Try getting out a bit more, or, alternatively, I can recommend a short list of interesting reading material. There is always the possibility that you've pulled a large number of extra duties and are trying to pass the time - try working your way through the Sven Hassel series, it always worked for me.

mnairb said:
'Written on all pips is the motto "Tria Juncta In Uno", surrounding three symbols' - You must be in a very parlous state if you are reduced to reading the mottos on officers pips. Try getting out a bit more, or, alternatively, I can recommend a short list of interesting reading material. There is always the possibility that you've pulled a large number of extra duties and are trying to pass the time - try working your way through the Sven Hassel series, it always worked for me.
Or learn the Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian and Greek Cyrillic alphabets :oops:

Amaze you friends in the pub with your new found knowledge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
S RLC 35
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 4