Tri Service Communications Centre: St Angus

2020 for opening date.

With a run over on the budget (don't forget) of £500 million.

northern said:
chocolate_frog said:
2020 for opening date.
With the first taught subject being Ptarmigan!!

:D
You sceptical old git.... (I heard it was Bruin) :lol:

Apparently the IS dept is getting BBC Acorns PD. :p

Cow said:
chocolate_frog said:
Apparently PD will be in the IS department instructing!
That's right. I've already got my teacher's jacket ready. I have a leather jacket with tweed patches on the elbows (I always like to be different).

Serious, question. Will Bill and Ben move there? And will it have a pool?

PoisonDwarf said:
Cow said:
chocolate_frog said:
Apparently PD will be in the IS department instructing!
That's right. I've already got my teacher's jacket ready. I have a leather jacket with tweed patches on the elbows (I always like to be different).
Theres one thing missing from your Burnham ensomble PD - A great big bushy beard!!! I've always said theres a future for you teaching WAN technologies in DCCIS.

My happiest memories of trade training for the Sigs in Catterick were the many happy hours knocking holes out of the tanky's outside SCABS!!! (and visa versa).

Roadster just to confirm (my basic is rusty :p )

Would that programme call you cnut if you were Sven or if you weren't?

Are they moving scabs to St. AThens? What about the G Spot?

Okay, it was more educational for me. I have never used that command.

Of course the creating of programmes that insult people is very wrong...... :D

roadster280 said:
CF - It would be rude to you if your name matches the string in the quotes, i.e. Sven.

After I wrote it for a wheeze on here, I thought of changing it to "N*&l F*&$%r", but I couldnt remember how the edit keys worked on a BBC, and my Mac keyboard is nowhere near the same!
Don't EVER mention that name on here again.
Or his tool of an RSM......

"...And start learning the phrase "Volts jolts and mills kills..."

In '82 Mr Cheek taught us that "Volts Jolts and Amps Cramps the Heart" Ahhh what a tinker that man was, the only instructor with a telephone extension in his class-room. Funny that, when you consider it was a communications training establishment.

He mostly used it for placing off track bets well, that was when he wasn't throwing his wooden blocks at us for not remembering Ohm's Law.

And will there be a re-incarnation of Sid Smellie? Or is it no longer allowed to twat trainee operators across the back of the head if they fuckup when doing logging and VP?

I still admire the man for the way he constructed his twatting tool from a piece of bamboo garden cane internally loaded at one end with a lump of blutac...

I'm sure the new class of operators will lose by not having such motivational instructors.....

I'm sure there will be operators who still recall Graham Lambie (Sadly RIP - Lisburn '88) when he informally challenged Sid regarding this practise. Wish I'd had the bottle to do so :roll:

R280, I did grow up in the 80s and had a computer, and yes I did the insutls.

It is just so l ong ago, I didn't know what the programe would do!!!! :p

chocolate_frog said:
Are they moving scabs to St. AThens? What about the G Spot?
Changed owners and renamed "Voltz" almost five years ago. Bottomless glass ended, squaddies not very welcome.

Closed down completely two or three years ago.

Nothing left to stay in Blandford for now. Even the Railway is no longer 24 hrs at weekends.

Here, here, nobody will miss Blandford. Roll on St Athan. I especially like the images in the link about the proposed build, very fetching.

CH

ps Good luck 14 when you move in - I'm sure you'll have fun.
pps And where the **** is St Angus?