Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DIESEL_WARRIOR, Feb 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of an easy wat to get hold TRF's (rlc)? I got issued with 1 and cant seem to get hold of any at my REGT.
  2. I've been told initial issue should be five badges and then you have to purchase from PRI. I didn't get any on initial issue due to being deployed during the handout phase and now refuse to purchase. Not issued, so not on my uniform! Sue me!
  3. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Very interesting issue this.

Flashes are ECAB and ADC supported but not at the public expense.
    Many parts of the army are making the lads pay; I’m not sure on this legally.

I am involved in this matter and would be interested on any legal beagle’s advice.
  4. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

This post is probably better off in the QM and logistics forum.

As I can speak from experience that it it wider than our Corps.

Melchy can you arrange, or is this reference the Corp flash only, which is the Service Corps anyway.
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Moved from RLC forum as it's not really Regt/Corps specific anymore.

Comments on your particular unit TRF issue and availability.

6. TRF's are a pain in the arrse, but whay can you do if they issue them ( 2?) and then say you must parade with them on all uniform - ie velcro patches if nescessary!!
  7. They've started issuing the RAF a TRF to go with the other half dozen badges some no doubt recently promoted feckwit decided we need to have.

So now we have a crab fat blue beret, RAF cap badge, RAF blue rank slides, a badge that says 'Royal Air Force' over our right CS95 pocket a JHC badge if you're lucky like me and a new RAF TRF. Some folk must be worried about people mistaking us for a real military force or something

We only get issued 3 TRF's though (although there a 5 items scaled for issue that require them) which makes perfect sense but unlike the Army we in the RAF don't have PRI shops to buy extra from (although as stated above, if its not issued I'm not wearing it).

Also we don't get any extra to put on our desert kit (which folk on the unit I'm at usually get to wear quite a bit).

Bunch of Boy Scout emulating arrse. Of course the Boy Scouts are a more effective military force though. :roll:
  8. Could I suggest you do what the rest of us have had to do and unpick them from the green kit and sew onto the sandy kit, then vice versa at the end of your four month tour???
  9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Blimey not at those prices - £4!

Good mark up on badges that cost less than 50p to make.
  10. You could suggest it but having seen some of the official tailors poor attempts at sewing on badges on I can only imagine the variety of positions some 'too busy, fixing planes' techies will make of it if they attempt a self-fix. :wink: