Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

TRFs DZ flashes and regt accrouments cadets and Adults

opps, I think sir Henry has a lot of wisdom in his posts, if you have earnt them you wear them, the people who have earnt them will wait for cadets to ask them!

Had manual out checking some thing else so thought i would look for any relevant information re this while i was there:

pamphlet AC14233 The Army Cadet Force Manual

1.035. ACF Detachments may adopt the cap badge, headdress and stable belt and, in No2 Dress, the collar badges and buttons of the Regiment or Corps to which they are affiliated. The adoption of any other forms of Regimental or Corps items of uniform, or insignia and accoutrements to be worn on uniform, are subject to the approval of the Army Dress Comittee. ACF members are not permitted to wear any formation flashes of any operational formation, or the shoulder titles or tactical recognition flashes of their affiliated or Sponsor Unit.

well thats the official position at least

Individual regiments can grant permission to wear flashes, etc , in my County Irish Guard cadets have very close links with the regular Irish Guards frequently parading with them in London and other events, they also wear the Irish Guards flash on their brassard and the Instructors wear them on their uniform.

semper said:
Individual regiments can grant permission to wear flashes,

as it stands "officially" they are not supposed to. but then hey when has the ACF as a whole applied the correct standards of dress etc nationwide! :D

static-line-pimp said:
All,

I have noticed on a number of posts that there appears to be constant complaints and reference to ACF AI's and officers wearing DZ flashes and TRFS etc which are we all know not permitted.

I personally have not actually seen this myself ,and wondered if anyone has seen extensive use of such regalia.........
All my normal kit has no trfs or nutty badges ,do we see much of this ? and what is everyone elses opinion of regt regalia as far as the cadets are concerned ?
When I was a cadet 16 years ago my detachment wore 10 paras dz flash proudly and saw it as a link to the old battalion and when serving as airborne forces myself we quite liked the fact that OUR cadets wore OUR DZ flash it seemed to give people a sense of pride.
What is everyone elses opinion ?

(I personally own 1 tatty windproof smock which I have owned for about 12 years and is as threadbare as it gets ,it still has a 16 AA bde budgie and DZ flash on it but is never used except in the field and then very very very rarley as a spare due to it's state .
And I certainly don't see it as walting it up,It has seen legitimate ops use 3 times and I have to be honest it would probably fall apart if I started taking off foreign wings and badges I would like to stress this is not used to cut about in when dealing with cadets and bigtiming as I hear constant reference to by distgruntled arssers.)
But you can whistle if you think I'm taking my dz flash etc off it .

JM2pW :-

A few of the adult instructors in the ACF det based at my TA centre recently attended some sort of "Cadet adult signals course", having passed, They were given Signals TRF's by the Regular army Captain running said course.

Has anyone else seen this?

PTS

I would want to know by what authority said captain was issuing TRF's in contravention of dress regs laid down by HQ land? The reasons for us in the ACF not wearing TRF's is because we ain't soldiers, and as such are not going to be in a situation whereby we would need a means of knowing to which unit we are attached to in the field. Surely that is the job of a TRF? Also it is another way of showing we are youth leaders, by not wearing tactical accoutrements. Basically it should be just beret, cap badge, stable belt. (obviously with a uniform as well before any comedians leap on that one.) The only time I took issue over TRFs was during the lasrt bout of mergers, when a battle honour from my old regiment became a TRF. A lot of ex reg friends of mine were disgusted at that.

Edited for mong spelling

:D The last i had heard was that you could not wear TRF's, however one of the detachments in Suffolk has just been given written permission from their sponsor regiment to wear theirs and i was present when the CEO informed the detachment commander that as long as they have written permission then they can wear it. :bow:

There has been a battle going on between Land and the senior bleeps about the wearing of the small signals flash on 95 shirts.

The signals were insisting on it for signals trained and badged ACF instructors whilst Land was being all uppity.

I don't know how it resolved though.

Thanks but that not it, it was 2 pages document giving the changes in dress regs and issues of union flags to cadets and adults to be worn on C95 wef dec 2005. The post was much earlier than that. Just after that the county implemnted the change and today all wear officialy the union flag. Part of the reason was that if NO flag to be worn then removing them from the cheap jackets would cause more damge than worth so order given for all to wear.

Will keep looking someone must have printed it out.

island_boy said:
semper said:
Individual regiments can grant permission to wear flashes,

as it stands "officially" they are not supposed to. but then hey when has the ACF as a whole applied the correct standards of dress etc nationwide! :D

and the Army as well. even the TA is guilty as charged, how do you think different coloured T shirts get to be worn under 95 shirts ( should be a lightweight jacket) different coloured wolly pully, RED trousers ! FFS, all done in the name of regimental accoutrements and dress, :D It only takes a Colonel to say, I quite liked those Red kecks and whips but I don't want to look silly so lets make it a regiemntal dress uniform :wink:

static-line-pimp said:
All,

I have noticed on a number of posts that there appears to be constant complaints and reference to ACF AI's and officers wearing DZ flashes and TRFS etc which are we all know not permitted.

I personally have not actually seen this myself ,and wondered if anyone has seen extensive use of such regalia.........
All my normal kit has no trfs or nutty badges ,do we see much of this ? and what is everyone elses opinion of regt regalia as far as the cadets are concerned ?
When I was a cadet 16 years ago my detachment wore 10 paras dz flash proudly and saw it as a link to the old battalion and when serving as airborne forces myself we quite liked the fact that OUR cadets wore OUR DZ flash it seemed to give people a sense of pride.

(I personally own 1 tatty windproof smock which I have owned for about 12 years and is as threadbare as it gets ,it still has a 16 AA bde budgie and DZ flash on it but is never used except in the field and then very very very rarley as a spare due to it's state .
And I certainly don't see it as walting it up,It has seen legitimate ops use 3 times and I have to be honest it would probably fall apart if I started taking off foreign wings and badges I would like to stress this is not used to cut about in when dealing with cadets and bigtiming as I hear constant reference to by distgruntled arssers.)

Are you attached to 16AA, no? Take it off then!

Don't try to enlarge your ego, cnut.

5.56mm said:
static-line-pimp said:
All,

Are you? Have you ever been? Are you even in the army? Have you ever been? He has, you never have.

Grow some pubes or Semper will drown in his own pre-cum. Cunt.

threaders_vm said:
5.56mm said:
static-line-pimp said:
All,

Are you? Have you ever been? Are you even in the army? Have you ever been? He has, you never have.

Grow some pubes or Semper will drown in his own pre-cum. Cunt.

Was not aware of that. I apologise.