TRFs & beret badge

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EmergencyNursey, May 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does Queen Elizabeth Barracks Stensall have a 'shop' where i can get a QARNC beret badge. Collected kit from Sheffield weeks ago, but only just got beret.

2. Nope

If you've got time today, jayJays on London Rd should have one or two in stock.

You're not with 212 are you?

3. Try the AMS museum:

AMS Museum Shop

QA officers cap badge £5
    QA other ranks cap badge £5.50

plus P&P.

4. Your unit should have TRF's surely? Is this yet another almighty cock up by individual units....

5. msr

msr LE

Your unit needs to be named and shamed. Their admin is a crock of shite.

msr

6. Sounds as bad as mine.

7. It may sound trivial but I'm really not keen on wearing the beret without the badge. I don't want to stand out for the wrong reason. Could I be turned away from Phase 1 training due to incomplete kit?

8. No, as long as all you are missing is a couple of badges. We've had a young lady from 243 Fd Hosp start with everything except her capbadge. (In her case, our RSM had a spare one :? and presented it to her on weekend 3!) Don't panic - unless they've neglected to give you the more important stuff like sleeping bag and boots.

9. No, as long as all you are missing is a couple of badges. We've had a young lady from 243 Fd Hosp start with everything except her capbadge. (In her case, our RSM had a spare one :? and presented it to her on weekend 3!) Don't panic - unless they've neglected to give you the more important stuff like sleeping bag and boots.[/quote]

Cheers.

10. We were not allowed to wear TRF's or brigade flashes until we fininshed CMSR. Then that went up the pictures when the QM ordered a whole load of jackets and shirts with the flashes already sewn on!

11. We're allowed TRF's in our platoon, but not unit belts which is a shame as everyone has a different cap badge anyway.
    Strensall CO enquired why a couple of spods were missing their cap badges and he was happy enough with the answer of "They snapped off" How they managed to snap them off is beyond me unless they were mucking about with them.
    To be honest, they should stick with one rule - TRF's or not, unit belts or not, unit slide insignia or not.

12. The problem is units, in my unit th SSM is always asking why SUT's aren't wearing TRFs, name tapes etc- god knows the amount of times i have explained to him that they should not wear anything until they've passed CMSR- how the hell can a SUT know what he should do? i think you should be badged at the end of your CMSR (give them a black unbadged beret for the course) then and only then can you wear all the other bits, a kind of rights of passage type thing.

13. msr

msr LE

Or just kit people out properly and fully from day 1 to make them feel part of the team?

msr

14. I agree, but on the same hand i disagree. It took me years to convince the wife to let me back in because it's what i should be, so on that hand i'm proud to be once again wearing cap badge, TRF's etc. Gives me, as an ex-reg, a piece of pride and an ego boost.
    However, as you say it should also be a right of passage. Do your training, keep your nose clean and then be given TRF's, cap badge, unit belt etc. Would make alot of the civvies who want to be in the TA a sense of achievement.

15. JUst wondered which part of 212 you are with, knew several members of this unit few years ago..from this post and your other posts i must say i aint surprised by the apparent lack of help your getting from them. stick at it though. good luck on your recruiting course.