TRFs and brigade flashes.

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by cmt...hopefully, May 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my posting to 16 CS, starting next Monday. Does anyone know if it's the done thing to turn up with your TRFs and brigade flashes already sewn on? My old dear is good at sewing and I can't be arrsed with running around trying to find a tailor.

So if it's OK...how far down the arm do the TRF and brigade flash go?

2. 3 inches and 6 inches respectfully or as they say in France 75mm and 150mm mes ami

3. Is that 3in/6in to the top of the flash?

4. TRF 3 inches, Brigade flash 6 Inches

5. middle of flash isnt it?

6. Cant remeber I just put them on where they look right, I dont bother getting out the rule and checking.....although there are some **** RSM's out there so it may be worth it.

7. Get them sewn on before you arrive.

Eagle on left sleeve about four fingers from shoulder seam.

DZ flash right arm again about four fingers from shoulder seam on 95 shirt. They don't really check if the are exact as long as they look like they are in the right place.

Also ensure that you have a bow on the back of your beret. You can buy them from Debura or the PRI on arrival. Buy a 16 CS MED REGT, T-shirt on arrival as this will be your PT T-shirt. You are not allowed to wear Civvy tops and you can only wear proper running short and trainers.

Top tips: Do not shape beret like the airborne lads, do not wear a para smock at anytime

8. what happens if you have skinny fingers and you end up stood next to a chubby fingered chubster? One of you is going to stand out as being really wrong!

Is that in Dress Regs? or is it in **** weekly?

do they make you go back to bed instead of doing PT if you turn up in your 'Frankie Says Relax' tee-shirt and a pair of those baggy knee length shorts?

why would you? :wink:

9. The bow is **** weekly and the unit T-shirt is "Frankie says relax" did you not know that Foxy?

You would be amazed how many people turn up with their berets looking like Andy Capp.