TRFs 16 Bde

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by General Melchett, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Hello Chaps,

Saw a full screw today wearing the following:

RE Stable belt, Royal Engineers rank slide, maroon beret, 16 AB patch, RE TRF and the thing I'm confused about a Medic DZ patch below the TRF.

Was under the impression that the TRF wasn't worn with DZ patch and why would RE be with the RAMC?

Didn't get chance to ask the geezer, plus he's on an ammunition type course at the moment.

2. I know the chap you are on about. He is an electrician posted to us (16 CSMR - to look after our genearators and FEPS etc) He is on an ammo stormans course I believe
  3. General Melchett

Many thanks, but what's the score with the TRF and DZ patch?
  4. He is required to where the DZ patch for unit recognition. I believe he wears the TRF because he has not been told he cant
  5. Love it :lol:
  6. General Melchett

Sorted, I haven't been told I can't wear pilots wings. Think I'll put some up. :)
  7. I believe what I was trying to say was that being RE, he perhaps thought that he should where his Corps TRF along with the Regt DZ, and as obviously no one has told him he shouldnt, he does.
  8. General Melchett

I know, I was being flippant.

Wasn't a dig at the individual or the Unit I was just wondering why he would be wearing both badges on the same arm.
  9. Can I put my 50 metres swim badge under my badges aswell, walking around Colchester it does look like were collecting badges. I went into a RAF tailors before I was posted down here to get Brigade and DZ flashes sewn on along with TRF and union flag and they whinged like hell. Good job I didnt have wings and commando badge like some of the lads or they'd of fainted.
  10. You wouldn't be the first AT to do that.

He'll probably ask for the Ammo Storemans Qual badge at the end of the course. 8O