TRF placement

Quick one - does anyone know the exact distance from the top of the sleeve a TRF should be placed? Saw a photo with all the guides etc on it a while back, but can't find the thing!

Cheers

HJ

Depends on your height to weight ratio, length of arms and of course, the specific Corps or Regt which you belong to. Can you be a tad more specific?

I thought it was 19cm.

For myself (RAMC) it is 'centre of badge 12cm from shoulder seam' (guidance from Corps RSM)

Possibly different for RE, so I'd suggest checking RE Dress Regs first and then go with centre of badge 12cm from seam if you don't find anything conclusive :wink:

12cm from top of seam to centre of TRF on right hand sleeve

All set out here for RE:

http://www2.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/org/35regt/posted_in_/before_arrioval.htm

Worn Badges

The RE Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF) is worn on the right arm with the centre of the flash 12 cm from the shoulder seam.

Para wings (if qualified) are to be worn 6 cm below the shoulder seam.

If qualified, the EOD qualification badge is to be worn on the right arm 19 cm from the shoulder seam to the centre of the badge.

The 20 Bde flash is worn on the left shoulder with the centre of the flash 10 cm from the shoulder seam.

The Union emblem is worn 5 cm below the seam to the centre of the badge. The Cdo qualification badge (if qualified) is to be worn 18 cm from the shoulder seam to the centre of the badge.

Name tags are to be worn above the left breast pocket.

When wearing a field jacket the Bde flash changes to a black fist on a blue backround. Belts are to worn with field jackets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Military Clothing & Boots 24
C Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 1
Boxy ACF 101