TRF locations on kit.

Hi,

I have recently received instructions for going to my first unit and have been told to turn up with 2 x combat shirts sorted with TRFs etc and then get into the tailors ASAP to get the remainder done.

However, I was never actually told where they need to go, is it a certain number of centimetres from the shoulder or anything similar?

One of the flashes is a dropzone one, does that change anything to do with where they need sewing?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have recently received instructions for going to my first unit and have been told to turn up with 2 x combat shirts sorted with TRFs etc and then get into the tailors ASAP to get the remainder done.

However, I was never actually told where they need to go, is it a certain number of centimetres from the shoulder or anything similar?

One of the flashes is a dropzone one, does that change anything to do with where they need sewing?

Thanks.
Why don't you phone your new unit and ask them where they go! Or are you going to follow the advice of walts, wannabees and civvies on here!?

Are you not in the Royal Signals? It cant be that hard to work it out. If you take them to a tailor that deals with the military there may even be a chance (gasp) that they would know.

I think you just wanted to use the word 'dropzone' on ARRSE to make people think your'e nails

Yes I am :).

I am back at home for a while and there aren't any military camps nearby so no tailors so I was just going to sew them on myself.

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
I'm afraid this has been covered before - hence the number of less than useful answers. Please have a quick look on the Arrse search function. Our unit SOP's are the middle of the TRF is 10cms below the cross on the Union Jack. But Units differ.

I ncan't wait for these pointless boy scout badges to be binned personally.

Hi,

Thanks.
Mate are you RAMC? If so and I remember correctly the centre of your TRF should be 12cm down from the joining of the sleeve with the body of the shirt if that makes sense? If you can't get hold of a instructor or anyone at your new unit if you lightly sew them on where I have said you will be able to remove it easily and put it in the right place straight after you finish work on your first day also at least you will have made the effort to put them on rather that showing up with a shit excuse about how you were never told where to put them!!

Also I would advise you to put one on your shirt the other on a jacket that way if you get there and it's pishing down you have a jacket squared away! (some SSM's like to inspect the lads and lassies in jackets **** knows why but they do) best of luck.

ugly

LE
(some SSM's like to inspect the lads and lassies in jackets **** knows why but they do) best of luck.
Selective quote but perhaps the seniors see that issue kit is issued and therefore worthy of looking after, or would you prefer to be inspected in your shirt in the middle of a snow storm?

Have you just commissioned? Just do one and then turn up at Blandford and get the rest done by the tailors. If you have been to Blandford already and are actually going to your first unit then things are worse than I feared

Selective quote but perhaps the seniors see that issue kit is issued and therefore worthy of looking after, or would you prefer to be inspected in your shirt in the middle of a snow storm?
What are you on about smack rat I was meaning that some SSM's prefer inspecting the troops in jackets and not shirts because it can look smarter! it's nothing to do with wanting to see that the kit is all issued because if you were going to be inspected than I would have thought you would wear issued kit and not your trapping gear unless it states on part one orders that is Now does that suit you for an answer or could I be more specific when I ask that you muff my arse

ugly

LE
Smack rat? **** off mong if you can't obey a simple order about dress then get out!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk with fat fingered typing

Smack rat? **** off mong if you can't obey a simple order about dress then get out!

Ha ha cheers for that gluebag WTF are you on about obey a simple order about dress are you a ******* cadet? Your stupid comments and subsequent bite leads me to believe that you are quite possibly a fat fingered online call of duty playing geek who dishes out ring dhobies for popularity now wind it in and dub it muppet, out!

ugly

LE
If you want to crayon over this thread carry on but it will get locked and you will earn a tag! Now read back and see what I wrote. The seniors can inspect anything they want provided it is legal. If you can't obey simple orders about dress then whinge in the NAAFI not on this forum!

If you want to crayon over this thread carry on but it will get locked and you will earn a tag! Now read back and see what I wrote. The seniors can inspect anything they want provided it is legal. If you can't obey simple orders about dress then whinge in the NAAFI not on this forum!

You really are a goat arnt you now you read back and you will see that I offered a little advice to someone that may not have been the best advice in the world however being a senior I thought I would share what I knew and instead of bluffing my way through I said I had no idea why some SSM's inspected in jackets instead of shirts after speaking to a second tour SSM I was informed that depending on the time of year it was a personal preference of either the OC or the SSM as the inspecting officer because they considered the jacket to be smarter than shirts. You were the one who came on with the "witty" sarcastic comments about being inspected in a shirt in a snow storm to which I responded. Now I'd the thread is locked and I get tagged then fair enough however I would insist that both the moderators and your good self re-read both of our posts and then ask who actually started this whole pile of pish?

Now I say again, being a serving SNCO I am fully aware that seniors can inspect what kit they like provided it is of course legal and the soldier to be inspected has some notice in order to prepare the said item of kit and is given a reason why the kit is to be inspected.

What I don't understand is what "orders" I didn't havnt or can't obey when you tell me that I will gladly see the error of my ways but until then I would advise you to think before you type read the thread read what advice is being given and if you feel it is wring offer your opinion and wait out for come backs do not just come on read one thread and think you are ten men and start giving abuse! If you can't take it don't dish it out fair one? I would suggest you go whinge in another forum because you really are glass eyeing me and I would imagine anyone else reading this!

Have you just commissioned? Just do one and then turn up at Blandford and get the rest done by the tailors. If you have been to Blandford already and are actually going to your first unit then things are worse than I feared
Nail. Head.

I was hoping to get them done at Blandford but need them done for my first unit (pre Blandford) - so need to know where to put them.

You really are a goat arnt you now you read back and you will see that I offered a little advice to someone that may not have been the best advice in the world however being a senior I thought I would share what I knew and instead of bluffing my way through I said I had no idea why some SSM's inspected in jackets instead of shirts after speaking to a second tour SSM I was informed that depending on the time of year it was a personal preference of either the OC or the SSM as the inspecting officer because they considered the jacket to be smarter than shirts. You were the one who came on with the "witty" sarcastic comments about being inspected in a shirt in a snow storm to which I responded. Now I'd the thread is locked and I get tagged then fair enough however I would insist that both the moderators and your good self re-read both of our posts and then ask who actually started this whole pile of pish?

Now I say again, being a serving SNCO I am fully aware that seniors can inspect what kit they like provided it is of course legal and the soldier to be inspected has some notice in order to prepare the said item of kit and is given a reason why the kit is to be inspected.

What I don't understand is what "orders" I didn't havnt or can't obey when you tell me that I will gladly see the error of my ways but until then I would advise you to think before you type read the thread read what advice is being given and if you feel it is wring offer your opinion and wait out for come backs do not just come on read one thread and think you are ten men and start giving abuse! If you can't take it don't dish it out fair one? I would suggest you go whinge in another forum because you really are glass eyeing me and I would imagine anyone else reading this!

Congratulations on winning 'Mong of the Week'.......By the way, do you know what punctuation is?

@CD05 Ugly is a Moderator.
In that case mate he should know better because if you read back through the threads you will see that I responded to what he was saying to me not the other way about!

I tried to give some advice to someone which was the full point of the thread and he came in being sarcastic and moderator or not that's out of order!

So he can choose to either crack on with the abuse tennis or he can let it lie there or he can do what he warned me about and close the thread and tag me! Truth be told mate whatever way he decides to go I genuinely couldn't give a flying ****. Cheers Mr F, laters geezer.