trf and sewing

#1
Hello, I searched but was unable to find much info I've got a shirt that I need to sew two badges on one is the trf and the other is well i've no idea but it goes below the flag. I've got one shirt that I was lucky enough to have ready done and I was wondering if some one would tell me the placement of the badges down the shirt.

and would you suggest sewing (which i'm bolox at) or that iron on stuff (I would need to buy but its no problem)

Thanks
 
#4
Perhaps you should ask someone at your unit. Otherwise you will get all sorts of wise arrse answers on here!
 
#5
Well I was going to tonight but I forgot and didn't want to wait until next week so I thought I might see if I can get any thing from here. I could use my current shirt as an example I suppose..
 
#6
If you are going to use wonderweb put a small stitch in each corner too just to be on the safe side. Or get married. ;) Oh yeah or get a butler to do it. :D
 
#7
WARNING!

One of the badges (I forget which) comes with wonderweb already on the back.

Don't do as I did, and iron the crease into the badge prior to aligning it with the crease in the shirt sleeve.

Took bl00dy ages to peel the fukcer apart. :(
 
#8
Ask your Platoon Sergeant/CSM/Scariest Person you've met so far. That's what they're there for, to sort dress and discipline among their soldiers.

Failing that, ask one of your peers who've been in a bit longer. Its not your fault you don't know, so ask!

Remember, asking questions is how you learn.

Prae
 
#10
FFS, it's all in here:

putteesinmyhands said:
http://ams.mod.uk/content/docs/jsp336/3rd_ed/vol12/pt3/pam15/s7.doc tells all.
UNION EMBLEM

4. This a Tri-Service badge which is worn by all RN, Army and RAF personnel on the upper left arm. The centre of the badge is placed 5cms form the shoulder seam of the jacket.


FORMATION BADGES

5. Army Dress Committee authorised and registered formation badges are shown on the Defence Intranet, and the colour illustrations are also available in poster format – as published by the Directorate of Communications (Army) (DCC(A)).

6. Only one formation badge is to be worn at any one time, be it divisional, brigade or multi-national, as appropriate and as directed by the formation Commander. They are to be removed by individuals on posting, or on formal detachment from the formation concerned. Procurement and provision, as directed by CGS, is at non-public expense.

7. All formation badges are worn on the left arm of the combat jacket, with the centre of the badge placed 10cm from the shoulder seam and below the Union Emblem. Overall dimensions are not to exceed 6x6 cm.

8. In Northern Ireland, roulement and emergency tour troops will wear the formation badge appropriate to their parent unit, whilst residential troops, including R IRISH HS, will wear the appropriate NI Bde formation badge. HQ NI and Force troops will wear the 107(ULSTER) Bde or appropriate parent Bde badge. LAND sub units stationed in NI are to wear the formation badge of their parent unit, and not that of the formation in NI in whose AOR they are geographically located.


TACTICAL RECOGNITION FLASHES

9. Army Dress Committee authorised and registered Tactical Recognition Flashes (TRFs) are shown on the Defence Intranet at:
http://www.defence.mod.uk/dcca/Formation Badges and TRF intro.htm

Colour illustrations are also available in poster format – as published by DCC(A).

10. TRFs serve as a means of identifying Regt/Corps units in the field, but are also used for Regt/Corps purposes (for recruiting). They are worn on the upper right arm of the combat jacket below any Para/SAS qualification badge, with the centre of the badge placed 12cm from the shoulder seam, and again overall dimensions are not to exceed 6x6 cms.

11. They are worn at the discretion of commanding officers and, as with formation badges, are procured and provided at non-public expense. However, unlike formation badges, they are not replaced with or displaced by another unit’s TRF; this means that an individual attached, or temporarily posted, to another Regt or Corps, continues to wear his or her own Regt/Corps TRF, and not the TRF of the unit to which the individual is attached or posted.

12. Personnel in 16 Air Asslt Bde should now wear their own Regt/Corps TRF in lieu of the old DZ/LZ flashes, except in the multi-cap badge sub units of the Bde, where separate TRFs have been authorised for Bde HQ, Pathfinder Pl, AFLS and the RAF det.

13. Internationally recognised TRFs, also shown on the Defence Intranet and poster, are: the MP badge worn by PM(A) personnel as appropriate; the wagon wheel badge worn by RLC Movements personnel; and the Geneva Red Cross worn by all AMS med personnel (including those in 16 CS Med Regt in 16 Air Asslt Bde), exceptionally on the left arm.
There, I've clicked the link for you and bolded the important bits.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PS It seems that female PTIs wear the TRF 2cm higher, though God alone knows why.
 
#11
putteesinmyhands said:
FFS, it's all in here:

putteesinmyhands said:
http://ams.mod.uk/content/docs/jsp336/3rd_ed/vol12/pt3/pam15/s7.doc tells all.
UNION EMBLEM

4. This a Tri-Service badge which is worn by all RN, Army and RAF personnel on the upper left arm. The centre of the badge is placed 5cms form the shoulder seam of the jacket.


FORMATION BADGES

5. Army Dress Committee authorised and registered formation badges are shown on the Defence Intranet, and the colour illustrations are also available in poster format – as published by the Directorate of Communications (Army) (DCC(A)).

6. Only one formation badge is to be worn at any one time, be it divisional, brigade or multi-national, as appropriate and as directed by the formation Commander. They are to be removed by individuals on posting, or on formal detachment from the formation concerned. Procurement and provision, as directed by CGS, is at non-public expense.

7. All formation badges are worn on the left arm of the combat jacket, with the centre of the badge placed 10cm from the shoulder seam and below the Union Emblem. Overall dimensions are not to exceed 6x6 cm.

8. In Northern Ireland, roulement and emergency tour troops will wear the formation badge appropriate to their parent unit, whilst residential troops, including R IRISH HS, will wear the appropriate NI Bde formation badge. HQ NI and Force troops will wear the 107(ULSTER) Bde or appropriate parent Bde badge. LAND sub units stationed in NI are to wear the formation badge of their parent unit, and not that of the formation in NI in whose AOR they are geographically located.


TACTICAL RECOGNITION FLASHES

9. Army Dress Committee authorised and registered Tactical Recognition Flashes (TRFs) are shown on the Defence Intranet at:
http://www.defence.mod.uk/dcca/Formation Badges and TRF intro.htm

Colour illustrations are also available in poster format – as published by DCC(A).

10. TRFs serve as a means of identifying Regt/Corps units in the field, but are also used for Regt/Corps purposes (for recruiting). They are worn on the upper right arm of the combat jacket below any Para/SAS qualification badge, with the centre of the badge placed 12cm from the shoulder seam, and again overall dimensions are not to exceed 6x6 cms.

11. They are worn at the discretion of commanding officers and, as with formation badges, are procured and provided at non-public expense. However, unlike formation badges, they are not replaced with or displaced by another unit’s TRF; this means that an individual attached, or temporarily posted, to another Regt or Corps, continues to wear his or her own Regt/Corps TRF, and not the TRF of the unit to which the individual is attached or posted.

12. Personnel in 16 Air Asslt Bde should now wear their own Regt/Corps TRF in lieu of the old DZ/LZ flashes, except in the multi-cap badge sub units of the Bde, where separate TRFs have been authorised for Bde HQ, Pathfinder Pl, AFLS and the RAF det.

13. Internationally recognised TRFs, also shown on the Defence Intranet and poster, are: the MP badge worn by PM(A) personnel as appropriate; the wagon wheel badge worn by RLC Movements personnel; and the Geneva Red Cross worn by all AMS med personnel (including those in 16 CS Med Regt in 16 Air Asslt Bde), exceptionally on the left arm.
There, I've clicked the link for you and bolded the important bits.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PS It seems that female PTIs wear the TRF 2cm higher, though God alone knows why.
Are n't you clever! (this is actuly a complament and not an insult, please take it the right way!)
 
#12
My_race_is_Royal said:
Are n't you clever! (this is actuly a complament and not an insult, please take it the right way!)
No. If I were clever, I would have posted the left-side and right-side photos that used to be on the RE website that showed the positions of the badges (and that I've linked to many, many times in the past). Being sad, I've got them on my laptop somewhere.

But as I'm technologically disadvantaged (took me a month to upload my avatar), I ended up searching for the words after a fruitless search for the linkable piccies (other units also used to have them).

Hence why I get pi$$ed off when people seem to ignore anything that isn't handed to them on a plate. :x

Rant over, stress levels coming down (for a few minutes, anyway). :D
 
#13
Subb0 said:
Hello, I searched but was unable to find much info I've got a shirt that I need to sew two badges on one is the trf and the other is well i've no idea but it goes below the flag. I've got one shirt that I was lucky enough to have ready done and I was wondering if some one would tell me the placement of the badges down the shirt.

and would you suggest sewing (which i'm bolox at) or that iron on stuff (I would need to buy but its no problem)

Thanks

Why not just locate them as they are on the ready done shirt?
 
#14
craftsmanx said:
Why not just locate them as they are on the ready done shirt?
Maybe he's got one of that batch of shirts that had the pre-sewn UJ in the wrong place?
 
#15
the reason I didn't use that was because it said combat jacket Is that referring to my field jacket or my shirt (which is a type of jacket isn't it?)
the one that is currently sown on is not 12cm down thats a long way down so I wasn't too sure.

Thank you for the link any how
 
#16
Subb0 said:
the reason I didn't use that was because it said combat jacket Is that referring to my field jacket or my shirt (which is a type of jacket isn't it?)
the one that is currently sown on is not 12cm down thats a long way down so I wasn't too sure.

Thank you for the link any how
You're right. The shirt is really a jacket. The instructions apply to both types of jacket.

One of the troubles with all these badges is that you get one person who guesses where they should be, then others approximate from this. The end result is that when you're all together, it looks a mess.

Do yours properly and print out the instructions to be shown to others when they say "Your badges are in the wrong place."

Worked for me. Often.

If I wanted arms full of badges, I would have joined the Boy Scouts.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top