Trevor Phillips predicts UK race riots

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Invicta, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Campaign for Racial Equality Chairman Trevor Phillips, has stated that the "polarised" debate over full-face veils could spark race riots in the UK, in a repeat of the disturbances in Oldham and Burnley. Phillips also drew comparisoms with last Novembers riots and continuing tensions in France.

See here for full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6074286.stm

2. Watched it live - what a plonker

3. The normal score: "If you say anything they don't like there'll be a riot and it'll all be your fault". After all we mustn't have a proper debate on anything must we?

4. I actually thought he was paraphrasing Enoch Powell for a minute

5. Yawn.

Race riots have predicted on/off for the past 30 years, and those that have come to pass have often resulted in improved community relations and massive regional investment.

I'd say they were probably worth the short-term property damage!

6. Well its going to be hard to prosecute anyone after the race riots.

"Yes I saw the stone thrower: a woman about five foot nothing wearing a burkha"

7. Bradford Police managed to prosecute many rioters

8. He complained at the negative to him response to Straw's veil thing. Said it turned into condemnation and not a debate. Surely that should have shown him what the debate would have been. Of course, lack of a debate deprives those who want to change things of a platform to perform their unwanted beliefs.

9. Hmm, not quite 'Rivers of blood' just 'burning cars'...

Doesn't exactly have the same ring to it, does it? :roll:

10. If people want to riot then let them riot. And let the police use cluster bombs to dispence of the area the rioters take to.

Message to potential rioters:

Im sick to the back teeth of minorities thinking that if they cry people will listen and change their ways. It reminds me of being a kid and crying so my mum would do what I want, government being the mum. Grow the fcuk up. If the law changes and it affects you then you change aswell.

If i was a kid and i could only see my teachers eyes through a hood, i'd be fcukin scared! Theres a place to draw a line, and its preventing kids from getting a normal education. I wouldnt want my little brat being taught by darth vader so i wouldnt want anyone else's.

message to the government of BRITAIN

STOP being f'n appeased! can't you see people are taking you and your Britishness for a ride!? You're too nice to people when they complain about you, you really are. Tighten your belt and be proud of the country you lead - keep it the country it is and always has been.

Rant over.

P.S, i might have gone a bit off track but to be honest, i really don't care.

11. In balance, shouldn't there be a message to the Nazi Scum, telling them to stop trying to stir things up and try acting like members of the Human Race instead of something You scrape off Your shoe.

Rant Over

PS I don't care either

12. In balance? Why? It's a f*cking democracy. The majority decide.

Short rant over.

PS. I find it really hard to care any less than I do.

Quack

13. The sad thing is, I still do care :evil:

14. Rayc

Rayc RIP

:D :D