Tresemme Advert

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Biped, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I need some help chaps and ladies.

There was an absolutely appalling advert on the telly a couple of years ago for Tresemme hair products that featured a screaming hair products bloke walking along a supermarket isle with a trolly and getting into a girly fight with a female customer over the last Tresemme on the shelf.

The advert was significant because it was so bl00dy awful and camp, with this rather limp, straight-haired monster featuring.

I need to find a clip of that advert online, but I'm getting knowhere.

Knowing that ARRSE has a special team dedicated to tracking stuff down that inevitably makes a misery of the lives of the deserving, I come to you for assistance. :twisted:
  2. You aren't the bloke in the ad are you?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Thanks very much guys - absolutely brilliant!

The gentleman in question considers himself to be a man's man, and goes hunting and shooting, and he's not shy of taking the p!ss out of people when he sees a target of opportunity.

Unfortunately for him, his missus got to choose the new family car - a flip-top Renault Megane, which is more of a hairdresser's car than the TT ever was.

The link is now getting emailed to all the chap in question's mates and work colleagues who have suffered at his hands, along with the brief on the motor. It doesn't help him that he's a gwar of course.

Once again, thanks for providing the ammunition. I'm hoping we'll have another succesful ARRSE suicide before the day is out.
  4. No I am
  5. That stringy poof was a housemate on thingummy....big brother!!
  6. i'm ashamed to say
    but wasn't she on that celebrity children in need hairdressing bollocks
    a year or two back?
    i shall now commit this arrse suiwahcide that you all speak of,
    for knowing shit like this

i am available for pub quizzes and random spouting of inane and useless facts
    oft times found on the bus with my can of corned beef/nuclear bomb
  7. Mmm,I wonder why the OP really wanted to see "him" again?
  8. The stringy poof hairdresser is Ricardo Ribeiro do Prado who shot to his 15 minutes of fame in a programme called 'The Salon'
    I'd also like to make it quite clear, right now, that I'm not a puffy hairdresser or even a fan of the show, just quite good with google and a generally helpful person.
    So ner to all the incoming.
  9. Biped, shame on you !
  10. methinks the lady doth protest too much, non?
  11. Methinks he doth protest too much!
  12. Neb - Snap!
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Shame on me?

In my defence, it is not even for 'research purposes' that I asked for it - merely to make someone elses life a misery.

Surely this allows me to retain my manly ARRSE status? 8O

Barking Spider - well, mate, words fail me . . . . appalled and impressed in equal measure!

14. Admit it though....6 pints and a paper SO would!!! :D