Trench latrines

Help please. I am in need of details for the construction of a latrine. I did the course a few years ago in Sennelager and have since lost the stuff they dishhed out and currenlty not located anywhere near the school to pop back.

I have a good idea of what is required but if anyone has any pictures and stuff they can shove my way it would greatly help me in trying to get the info across to my hosts.

In anticipation of your assistance, thank you.

check The field Service Pocket book 1914. It also has useful things like how far the elephants should be bivouaced from the camels...

dui-lai said:
Cuddles said:
check The field Service Pocket book 1914. It also has useful things like how far the elephants should be bivouaced from the camels...
and how far should the QAs be from them :headbang:
Apparently QAs are treated as camels throughout...as indeed camels are treated in the FFL!

dui-lai said:
Cuddles said:
dui-lai said:
Cuddles said:
and how far should the QAs be from them :headbang:
Apparently QAs are treated as camels throughout...as indeed camels are treated in the FFL!
I'd rather shaag a camel than a QA :meditate:
Tell us something we don't already know about the RAMC.

Ventress

LE
IdeasFactory said:
Keogh Barracks EH Dept has an excellent display of field hygience constructions. Contact the department for assistance.

IF
That must have Grade 2 listed status, going on its age.

Ventress said:
IdeasFactory said:
Keogh Barracks EH Dept has an excellent display of field hygience constructions. Contact the department for assistance.

IF
That must have Grade 2 listed status, going on its age.
Its been updated and modernised since the last time you looked at it

dui-lai said:
I'm pretty good on latrines!
especially if they are sand lashed porta-potties!

A DTL is the width of the bucket of a JCB digger, its depth is how far it reaches down and the length it conditional on the size of the superstructure you are going to put on top of it. The exact dimensions are not important as long anaerobic bacteria can reduce the waste.

Ventress

LE
OccamsRazor said:
A DTL is the width of the bucket of a JCB digger, its depth is how far it reaches down and the length it conditional on the size of the superstructure you are going to put on top of it. The exact dimensions are not important as long anaerobic bacteria can reduce the waste.
Hey you should give Drain Sniffer a PM, you could discuss malaria and heatstroke.

Why dig a hole when you can use a machine! But you are right, it does take a certain type of spotter to take an interest in DTLs.