tremble in fear argentina

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
P

PrinceAlbert

The gucci VTOL capability is a complete waste of time IMHO.

It's also something else to go very wrong with it.

I'd give my left bollock for a spin in one.

Will the RAF Oggies be flying it or the 2 or 3 others they can afford by the time they are deployable? Or will it be the Royal Army Flying Corp(R) by then?
With a bit of luck it'll be the Fleet Air Arm (+ex-light blue atts).

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
does this mean we can have a proper fleet air arm again or have the raf pinched it so it cant be used to show typhoon up?

I can see it being under 24 hr guard and hidden from the light blue boys.

And here was I thinking this meant we were going to set G4S on them........
They don't know it yet but Nick Buckles is currently being trained by MI6 in disguise techniques and shall be inserted as head of Argie security and defence.

They don't know it yet but Nick Buckles is currently being trained by MI6 in disguise techniques and shall be inserted as head of Argie security and defence.
No he isn't. He's been employed by Argentina as Head of Recruitment and Training. For £1 billion per annum he will ensure that manning in the Army, Navy and Air Force stand at 300,000, 100,000, 150,000 respectively. His company, Grupo Fuerzo Securicos, will also receive £2 billion pa for 2 annual weekends of training at a small camp situated on the Chilean border.

Just saying like.

No he isn't. He's been employed by Argentina as Head of Recruitment and Training. For £1 billion per annum he will ensure that manning in the Army, Navy and Air Force stand at 300,000, 100,000, 150,000 respectively. His company, Grupo Fuerzo Securicos, will also receive £2 billion pa for 2 annual weekends of training at a small camp situated on the Chilean border.

Just saying like.
He will have plenty of 'ghosts' to do the manning when these spangly new jets get down there.

D

Deleted 20555

I wonder what happens to you when you work at the MOD - I mean so unfailingly bright and optimistic about everything must play hell on your home life.

Or does one just turn it on and off like a light switch instead of smiling frantically and telling the wife everything is fantastic!!! all the time!!!! no matter how shit reality actually is.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
He will have plenty of 'ghosts' to do the manning when these spangly new jets get down there.
Jet - just the one and we aren't allowed to fly it just look at it - but we are building two big boats to show it off on :)

Jet - just the one and we aren't allowed to fly it just look at it - but we are building two big boats to show it off on :)
Boats, shhhhh! Don't let the matelots hear you call them boats FFS. Its Friday night and I cant be bothered with a lecture from a 'senior'

Boats, shhhhh! Don't let the matelots hear you call them boats FFS. Its Friday night and I cant be bothered with a lecture from a 'senior'

Isnt that all the RN has left? BOATS?
Sorry pardon, Left hand down a bit, no right hand down a bit, no left hand down a bit. no..........

C

cloudbuster

Quite right; everyone knows to refer-to them as "Flexible-based Cocktail-party Venues."