Tree Jumpers

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose that most of my readers will know of the SAS tree Jumping exploits during the Malaya "crisis"

A friend of mine was such a tree Jumper and damaged his legs so badly that he was told one more jump could ruin his hip and leg forever .
So he was let go from the regiment and allowed his choice of unit to serve in (loosing a guinea a week SAS pay as well ). Did his time and of course as age has caught up with him so has his disabilities .

Being as how he was injured on operations RBL took him for a medical tribunal to get him a war pension ... This was six months ago .
He was awarded NOTHING not a penny . So yet again we have an example of a good soldier being let down by our Government and War department .
Assuming that the RBL knows their stuff it seems that an appeal is not on the stocks.
Would i encourage a young person to join up the way things are now ? would i ferk .

And I though this was going to be about arboreal knitwear

I suppose that most of my readers will know of the SAS tree Jumping exploits during the Malaya "crisis"

A friend of mine was such a tree Jumper and damaged his legs so badly that he was told one more jump could ruin his hip and leg forever .
So he was let go from the regiment and allowed his choice of unit to serve in (loosing a guinea a week SAS pay as well ). Did his time and of course as age has caught up with him so has his disabilities .

Being as how he was injured on operations RBL took him for a medical tribunal to get him a war pension ... This was six months ago .
He was awarded NOTHING not a penny . So yet again we have an example of a good soldier being let down by our Government and War department .
Assuming that the RBL knows their stuff it seems that an appeal is not on the stocks.
Would i encourage a young person to join up the way things are now ? would i ferk .
Any idea why it was refused? Also if accurate (and I have no reason to think otherwise) he had to have applied for a War Pension first and been rejected before he went to Tribunal with RBL support.

From what has been written "" damaged his legs so badly that he was told one more jump could ruin his hip and leg forever ""

Is not evidence of an injury merely advice give

I expect that this fell at the point of proving (evidence on the persons medical record) that the injury was caused by service and not subsequently

Archie

From what has been written "" damaged his legs so badly that he was told one more jump could ruin his hip and leg forever ""

Is not evidence of an injury merely advice give

I expect that this fell at the point of proving (evidence on the persons medical record) that the injury was caused by service and not subsequently

Archie
he was RTU´d though, on medical grounds (we think)

he was RTU´d though, on medical grounds (we think)

He needs to request a copy of his personal file from the relevant records office, so he can start to gather evidence

Application form

You can apply for your own records if you are, or have been, a member of the armed forces, for example the Royal Navy (including Royal Marines), British Army or Royal Air Force.
Download and fill in a request for your own records (PDF, 64KB). Send it to the address on the form, along with any supporting documents. There’s no fee.

Archie

Latest Threads