Treatment of recruits... opinions please

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bravo_Bravo, May 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll try to word this as evenly as possible...

A SNCO from a non-Infantry unit b@llocked PTIs after a CFT because the recruits where made to tab through a huge great puddle.

Thoughts?

BB

2. Sounds like a top bloke 8O

3. You need to get out more?

4. Did the PTIs invite him to get a life?

If the worst that happens to you in your military career is walking through a puddle (and I'm assuming that you don't mean they were forced to wade through a canal or something) then you've not had a bad life.

5. Hmmm, sounds a tad out of line. Was it a really deep, lake-like puddle? Or does he have 'someone special' among the recruits?

I do hope that this bollocking took place somewhere where no recruits could see or hear it.....

6. Personally I would have complained. If an ex Para with false tits and a gash can claim a quarter of a million pounds for hurt feelings, I'd have expected to take my compensation for wet boots home in a wheel barrow!

I'd sue if I were you.

7. Did the PTI go through the puddle ? Or walk over the top of it ?

8. OOHH a puddle

I used to love getting beasted (probably something wrong with me)

The only thing i didnt like was a total cnut of an instructor that always used to single me out for shoite im not a sensitive little fairy he actually had a vendetta against me, so i showed everyone he was a walting cnut (said he was SAS) and pissed him off by passing everything first time and staying happy the whole time.

ps I wasnt that bad no other instructors gave me more than the obligatory shit and i was a team player, got on with all my fellow recruits helped where i could so please limit the 'your a little cnut comments'

9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I thought that the PTIs are the SMEs on CFTs (wow 3 TLAs in a single clause!) and other phys lessons. In what capacity could the SNCO b@llock them? Unless he/she is a PTI too I suppose.

10. BB,

The man is obviously a tube. Today's TA is to soft regarding recruits. I don't condone bullying but whats next Field Ex's cancelled due to inclement weather?

Oh and while I'm on a roll. Why does it take so long to get an Inf recruit through the system now?

11. Bruce
    As someone thats going through at the moment its because they have to do 50% more weekends and the CICs are straight after the training or not for 6 months hence requires alot or commitment in a short space of time.

12. If anything the PTI should have got boll0cked for NOT getting the recruits to get on their belt buckles in the puddles. Join the TA and get muddy! :D :D

13. ah he will be telling the PTI's off next for making them sweat and being out of breath.

14. msr

msr LE

Section 2.4.2 of MATT2 - CFT(TA)

4 The terrain should not be too difficult to negotiate and should offer good underfoot conditions.

Mind you the next section states:

5 The route must be accessible to a Safety Vehicle throughout.

So that rules out Altcar's route...

msr

15. Bruce, sorry mate but its happened, both at RTCs and ATRs.